REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS?

+26
violator
Kiril28
VegasDJ
zane12
Todster2@aol.com
murph
sporterlv
GlasgowGold
pbMusic
marcusl2112
chicagowabo
OrioleGirl
donnyo
smokeyjav
Manute50
kramww
J & J
gravelm
Admin
richierich
TBone
microdisney
Phoenix Rising
Sara
jpw2525
jawkneekat
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty Re: REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS?

Post  jpw2525 Fri May 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Interesting choice with Boys Don't Cry - I would be interested to see them. Never really thought about them live, seemed they were such a novelty act like EBN OZN or something. I am not a T'Pau fan but maybe the mix in styles would bring out a larger crowd? Regardless, I am so excited about the possibility of China Crisis - dos'nt matter that much who else is on the bill Thanks again for your hard work- jpw

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty Boys Don't Cry

Post  Admin Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 pm

jpw2525 wrote:Interesting choice with Boys Don't Cry - I would be interested to see them. Never really thought about them live, seemed they were such a novelty act like EBN OZN or something. I am not a T'Pau fan but maybe the mix in styles would bring out a larger crowd? Regardless, I am so excited about the possibility of China Crisis - dos'nt matter that much who else is on the bill Thanks again for your hard work- jpw

Surprisingly BDC's new single has just entered the Hot AC (Adult Contemporary) chart this week!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty 2010 suggestions

Post  smokeyjav Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:04 am

Here's a few bands I would love to see on tour in 2010.

A-HA (my wife missed them twice)
Psuedo Echo
The The
The Ocean Blue
Love & Rockets (favorite band)
Til Tuesday (Aimee Mann is incredible)
Tears for Fears
Bow Wow Wow
Gary Numan
Killing Joke
The Smithereens (puts on a good show)

It would be awesome to see at least two of these bands in the near future!
Frank Cool cheers

smokeyjav

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty more 2010 ideas

Post  donnyo Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:07 am

Adding to Frank's list...

Definitely, my #1 choice is Bow Wow Wow (saw them in NYC a few years back...great live show and would love to see them tour again)
Kim Wilde (never seen her live...heard she still performs in Europe)
The Fixx
Squeeze
Josie Cotton
Plimsouls
Psychedelic Furs

Can't wait to see the NYC show. Irving Plaza is a great venue, seen many fun shows there.

donnyo

smokeyjav wrote:Here's a few bands I would love to see on tour in 2010.

A-HA (my wife missed them twice)
Psuedo Echo
The The
The Ocean Blue
Love & Rockets (favorite band)
Til Tuesday (Aimee Mann is incredible)
Tears for Fears
Bow Wow Wow
Gary Numan
Killing Joke
The Smithereens (puts on a good show)

It would be awesome to see at least two of these bands in the near future!
Frank Cool cheers

donnyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Tears For Fears tour the west coast at least once a year, it seems like, but never come over to the east.

a-ha will be do a mini-tour this fall in Europe-- I'm seeing them in Oslo, Norway, this November for 2 shows. cyclops (a-ha is my favorite band.) They might do a bigger tour in 2010-- they are seriously promoting their new album which comes out next month. www.a-ha.com can tell you more.

As usual, I am interested in most of the bands everyone lists in their "wants" lists! Especially Gary Numan.

Sara

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty 2010 ideas...

Post  OrioleGirl Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:07 pm

Gary Numan
Bow Wow Wow
Bananarama
Fun Boy Three
Split Enz
Tears for Fears
Samantha Fox (?) - (not really new wave early 80's genre, but what the heck!)
Go-Go's
The Tubes
The Romantics
The Producers

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty A few more...

Post  OrioleGirl Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Pete Shelley/Buzzcocks
Spandau Ballet
Echo & the Bunnymen
Modern English
Pet Shop Boys
Frankie goes to Hollywood
Haircut 100
Big Country (even though Stuart Adamson has passed away, don't they tour with another lead singer?)
Altered Images
Talk Talk
Thomas Dolby
Kajagoogoo
The Jam
The Alarm
Kim Wilde
Devo
Two Cell
Madness
A Flock of Seagulls - (Love 'em!)

Last edited by OrioleGirl on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additions to roster)

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty 2010 Tour Ideas.

Post  chicagowabo Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:37 pm

How about my main pic >>>The Fixx? Men at Work? Reflex? The Outfield? Ice House? Any chance on getting Wham back together. lol or The Go Go's...not just Belinda. Japan would be cool, but I doubt they would draw more than a few hardcore fans. Kajagoogoo is a great call as well. I'll keep thinking about it.

chicagowabo

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty 2010 Tour Ideas.

Post  chicagowabo Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Just thought of one more....HoJo (Howard Jones)?

chicagowabo

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty Here's one for you Rick...

Post  chicagowabo Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:42 pm

How about Quarterflash?

chicagowabo

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty 2010

Post  marcusl2112 Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Big Country would be a really good show. They have a ton of great songs that many people in the states do not know. Also, The Alarm would be great! Rain in the Summertime would rock a summer show....

marcusl2112

Back to top Go down

Post  marcusl2112 Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:02 pm

The Fixx would also be great!

marcusl2112

Back to top Go down

Post  TBone Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:40 pm

marcusl2112 wrote:Big Country would be a really good show. They have a ton of great songs that many people in the states do not know. Also, The Alarm would be great! Rain in the Summertime would rock a summer show....

I would have loved to see Big Country....never did....sadly, never will. Lead singer Stuart Adamson died in 2001.
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty Big Country

Post  marcusl2112 Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:04 pm

TBone wrote:
marcusl2112 wrote:Big Country would be a really good show. They have a ton of great songs that many people in the states do not know. Also, The Alarm would be great! Rain in the Summertime would rock a summer show....

I would have loved to see Big Country....never did....sadly, never will. Lead singer Stuart Adamson died in 2001.

Yep, I saw them in LA in the 90's. I even met the band, including Stuart before he died. They were really cool and down to earth. The show was really fun in a smallish venue. I think the band is performing again though with a new singer. If so, I hope they can do this show sometime....

marcusl2112

Back to top Go down

Post  pbMusic Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 pm

Couldn't we stage a reunion of the 'We are the World' group to sing the song one last time in each city, and have them each do a medley of their own hits for an hour and a half after that? Smile

heh.. seriously though...

The Fixx, The Motels, Outfield... would love to see these groups again...remember seeing The Fixx on one of the recent anniversary tours and they were just fantastic... The Motels and Outfield were on another tour with them years ago here in Detroit and it was about 95 degrees and 100% humidity at 7:30p and the sun shining on the stage...one of those days that you step out of the house and are instantly way too hot.. I could only imagine what they had to deal with on stage to get through it, but the music was great... Now every time it's hot outside I feel like cranking up their tunes..heh... It's like Pavlov's dogs and the bell ringing....

Saw Tommy Tutone and wasn't expecting a whole lot except his big hit, but I thought his music was good and left the show wanting to throw in a CD and listen to some of his other stuff...

English Beat is always an energetic group to listen to...

I can't complain about this year at all - every group on the bill I can't complain about - haven't seen any of them except ABC. Though I wish Berlin was cruising to Detroit, I think 3 new bands out of 4, and liking the music of all 4 bands, you really can't complain about that... Counting down the days...3rd row center detroit...can't wait! Smile

Pete

pbMusic

Back to top Go down

Post  OrioleGirl Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:42 pm

pbMusic wrote:Couldn't we stage a reunion of the 'We are the World' group to sing the song one last time in each city, and have them each do a medley of their own hits for an hour and a half after that?

Um, No.

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  GlasgowGold Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:51 pm

I would try to get acts that have not toured the U.S. for a very long time (or at all) as I think that would expand the ticket base and be the most special for those of us who have been attending the 80s concerts religiously for the last few years.

Examples include Spandau, Heaven 17, Kajagoogoo, Bananarama, Rick Astley, Go West, China Crisis, Simple Minds and Kim Wilde.

The Rewind Festival in England (http://www.rewindfestival.com/) is one to watch. These are bands that are doing gigs, but may just need help understanding that there is a decent U.S. market for them.

Now, if this thread was just about dreaming, I would add Talk Talk to the list. Talk Talk are completely done, with King Mark basically saying (AFAIK) he is done with the music industry. Unfortunate.
GlasgowGold
GlasgowGold

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty Why some acts won't play here

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:25 pm

GlasgowGold wrote:

Examples include Spandau, Heaven 17, Kajagoogoo, Bananarama, Rick Astley, Go West, China Crisis, Simple Minds and Kim Wilde.

Seems you are new here! Most of these acts have been worked on for REGEN before and it has been discussed in this forum but you'd have to use the search with hose artists names to find the posts where I've explained why they will not do it so I'll do it one more time:

Spandau Ballet - I represent lead singer Tony Hadley, he was to have been here for some East Coast showcase shows this past Jan but his visas were approved to late to get him here. Spandau are reuniting not because they love each other but for the enormous amount of money they were offered in the UK to do so. We could not offer them that kind of money here in the U.S., they were not as big here. Tony will likely come over to perform once the spandau dates are done, maybe they will raise his profile here a bit.

Heaven 17 - Agreed to do our tour this summer, for a little more money than they really were worth but pulled out a month before the tour, said they were not making enough profit!

Kajagoogoo - are prepared to join us for next summer's tour

Bananarama - we tried for them in summer 08 but a) they wanted a little too much money and b) the two remaining girls have families, etc. and really were not into coming here for a month. We will continue to pursue them for the future.

Rick Astley - Unfortunately REGEN fans are really split on this one, half beg for him and the other half despise him! Not just don't care for him, DESPISE him!

Go West - were scheduled to be this summer's opener, are managed by the same firm as ABC. Because there are two of them they said there were not going to be enough profits for them to take home so they pulled out early after having confirmed at first.

China Crisis - Eddie Lundon and Gary Daly are old friends of mine, I worked with them in the 80's. I'm in touch with them regularly now and we're trying to get them over in the fall/winter for a tour.

Simple Minds - Will not play on an 80's bill as they consider themselve's to be "current" as they never went away and have made records throughout the years. Also, they still want to tour like they are at the top of the charts here, I tried putting together a headline tour for this fall for them, got great offers especially considering the numbers they drew on their last headline tour in the U.S. though there were not as many offers as they wanted, some promoters had lost too much with them a few years back and would not make an offer for them again. In the end they said they could not afford to do the shows I was setting up as they needed seperate buses for band and crew, 5 star hotels, business/1st class flights, etc. when what they really needed to do here to build themselves back up was to tour cheaply, do small venues, sell them out and create a buzz. Unfortunately we decided to part ways about a week ago so they could have another agency try and get them more money! Unfortunate.... I do love them and wish I could convince them to do whatever it takes to get back to the states but after 30 years thye are too set in their ways.

Kim Wilde - another that is probably too costly for what she's worth in the U.S. but I'm also told she will not tour for any extended period due to family and her TV show commitments in the UK (she has a gardening show?)

Regards,
RS
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GlasgowGold Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Admin wrote:
GlasgowGold wrote:

Seems you are new here! Most of these acts have been worked on for REGEN before and it has been discussed in this forum but you'd have to use the search with hose artists names to find the posts where I've explained why they will not do it so I'll do it one more time:

RS

Thanks Rick for this comprehensive and helpful post. Of course, your great work in putting these gigs together is much appreciated. Tip of the hat to you - hope that you keep it going!
GlasgowGold
GlasgowGold

Back to top Go down

Post  sporterlv Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 am

Going to the show in LA this week and I absolutely cannot wait. Been looking forward to this show more than any other this summer. Saw ABC a few years ago and they were aces. Martin's voice is superb. See Berlin fairly regularly around clubs in SoCal and they're always great. Bummed about heaven 17 but excited for Missing Persons.

As for next yer's requests, mine's very similar to the one above:

The Fixx - Amazing! All original members. Cy just came out with a new solo cd. Very good.
Squeeze - Saw them last year. Most excellent
Josie Cotton - Would kill to see her. Have been listening to the Valley Girl cd a lot lately
Plimsouls - See above. I think Peter Case is doing a lot of writing (books) now
Psychedelic Furs - Always fantastic.

But throw in

English Beat/GeneralPublic/Dave Wakeling - I don't think Dave would be opposed to this at all. They're currently on tour with Reel Big Fish playing some decent sixed venues and anyone who saw last years' Rockin the Colonies tour with the Fixx and The Alarm will tell you how amazing they all were

And just because I saw them on the "Lost 80's" Tour recently:

Gene Loves Jezebel - Michael Aston's version. Don't know about Jay's (with James Stevenson, et al) sine they're working on different project I believe (at least James is working with Mike Peters and the Alarm)
When in Rome - Wasn't epecting much but they were fantastic!

And one I doubt would do it because he's such a recluse - Joe Jackson - although I think he might actually turn the casual fan off now because of the way he performs his songs now (using only a three piece). I love the guy to death, but I can see where it might not be a good fit.

As far as Rick Astley, I would like to see him for the kitsch-iness aspect. I mean, come on "Rick Roll" everybody!

sporterlv

Back to top Go down

Post  murph Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:19 am

That's too bad about Simple Minds-you would think selling out a HOB type place would be a lot better than playing to the same number of people in a arena venue

murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:29 pm

murph wrote:That's too bad about Simple Minds-you would think selling out a HOB type place would be a lot better than playing to the same number of people in a arena venue

It would have been exciting to see them play The Fillmore/Irving Plaza (1000 capacity)here in NYC like they did on their 2nd tour (I think it was the 2nd, could have been the 3rd.... the first time in NYC they came over for a short tour on the first album, released on their managers label Zoom through Jem Records, a record importer in NJ, and did a tiny place called Trax on W. 72nd Street, my first time meeting them, on my birthday Oct. 26th) of the U.S. They'd sell it out, people would be desperate for tickets, etc. and they'd create a buzz. The amount of money they are looking for requires playing 3000-3500 capacity venues and even at that they need to sell out in order for the local promoter to not lose money. Too bad!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty Suggested concerts

Post  Todster2@aol.com Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Possible band suggestions:
Steeley Dan
Gary Myrick
Greg Kihn
Joe Jackson
Little River Band
Donnie Iris
Seals and Croft
Pat Benatar
April Wine
Triumph
Aldo Nova
Please let me know their status.

Todster2@aol.com

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty Interesting...

Post  jpw2525 Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:27 pm

It would be a pop-rock/soft rock 70s-early 80s version of Regeneration Tour, none of the artists on your list fit the current format. That said, I would love to see a tour like this, especially April Wine & Aldo Nova - guilty pleasures of old (well hidden from my friends in the early 80s as bands of this nature were very un-cool in the punk/new wave heyday).

Obviously, artists such as Steely Dan and Joe Jackson would never do a package tour like this but never hurts to dream...

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? - Page 2 Empty 70-'s-80's

Post  Admin Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 pm

jpw2525 wrote:It would be a pop-rock/soft rock 70s-early 80s version of Regeneration Tour, none of the artists on your list fit the current format. That said, I would love to see a tour like this, especially April Wine & Aldo Nova - guilty pleasures of old (well hidden from my friends in the early 80s as bands of this nature were very un-cool in the punk/new wave heyday).

Obviously, artists such as Steely Dan and Joe Jackson would never do a package tour like this but never hurts to dream...

Yeah, you're right about most of those bands not really fitting into our 80's new-wave format. Also about Joe Jackson and Steely Dan. Steely Dan just did 3 (or maybe it was 4)sold out nights at the Beacon theater here in NYC on their own. Joe rarely performs (and is a bit curmudgeonly) and I doubt one of these caravan tours would be his thing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next