REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS?

+26
violator
Kiril28
VegasDJ
zane12
Todster2@aol.com
murph
sporterlv
GlasgowGold
pbMusic
marcusl2112
chicagowabo
OrioleGirl
donnyo
smokeyjav
Manute50
kramww
J & J
gravelm
Admin
richierich
TBone
microdisney
Phoenix Rising
Sara
jpw2525
jawkneekat
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS?

Post  jawkneekat Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:11 pm

JAPAN
ROXY MUSIC
ULTRAVOX

A dozen or so shows worldwide, larger venues, inevitably expensive tickets

WHAT'S YOUR DREAM REGENERATION TOUR?

jawkneekat

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Never hurts to dream?

Post  jpw2525 Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Thomas Dolby (with Kevin Armstrong & Mathew Sliegman) + special guest Bruce Wooley
Vicious Pink
China Crisis
John Cooper Clarke with the invisible girls (Steve Hopkins)
Altered Images (Claire Grogan) -or- Visage (Steve Strange)
opener:
Wire Train (west coast)
The Producres (east coast)

Yeah, that would do...

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Re: REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS?

Post  Sara Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Thompson Twins... the Into The Gap lineup would be a miracle, but I'll almost take anything with at least Tom Bailey onstage!

Grace Jones would be cool, but I have no idea what sort of draw that would be.
Sisters Of Mercy... I can't recall the last time they played the east coast. but they did tour the US recently and are still on tour in Europe.

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 pm

cyclops Grace Jones would rock. Her new cd was only released in the U.K., but, it is very good.
I vote for...
T'Pau
Dead Or Alive
Bands like China Crisis , The Producers...they never made it big here...they would not draw a good crowd.
Another attempt at MWH would be great....
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 pm

My problem is I'm really happy with the choices everyone suggests, and at the same time I know certain acts would draw maybe... 20 or so other hardcore music fans in the US. Suspect

So I am very sympathetic to the fact that some names are just hopeful wishes. Then again, I said that about Wang Chung and look what happens! Shocked

I really look forward to any sort of smaller club dates with bands like China Crisis (I am willing to travel for that sort of thing due to the rarity)... and I'm keeping fingers crossed this summer for more Southeast dates than Atlanta. I hate Chastain as a venue. This year, I want first row instead of second row, which is what I had for North Carolina... had to dance and sing along behind a bunch of uninterested men wearing baseball caps, who just stared at the stage. Evil or Very Mad I would have happily traded places with them if that's all they're going to do!

Sara

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS

Post  microdisney Sat May 02, 2009 2:15 pm

China Crisis (Top Pick)
Thompson Twins
XTC (Colin and Andy would be ok but would love to see Dave too)
OMD (Saw them back in 80's with The twins)
Japan (Would be soooo cool)
Gary Numan
Ultravox ( I second that!!)

B/t/w.. I beg to differ with Phoenix. China Crisis was quite popular from their first opening act for Simple Minds back in the early 80's. I remember seeing CC as the headliner at the Roxy in SoCal and the place was packed.

Last edited by microdisney on Sat May 02, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : a thought about CC)
microdisney
microdisney

Back to top Go down

Post  TBone Sat May 02, 2009 3:05 pm

XTC is a dream of everyone, but sadly one that will never happen. Andy, and his famous stage fright, will never play live again.

As for acts I would die to see (that as far as I know are still around, at least in part):

Altered Images
Blancmage
Blow Monkeys
China Crisis
Devo (seen them a number of times, but WELL worth another)
Thomas Dolby
Jesus & Mary Chain
Nik Kershaw
Kajagoogoo
Stan Ridgway
Spandau Ballet
Sparks
Ultravox

and The Beatles (ok, just kidding on that one)
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

Post  richierich Sun May 03, 2009 1:44 pm

BEING REALISTIC,,,,,THE THE,,HOWARD JONES THE SPECIALS,DAVE WAKELINGS ENGLISH BEAT,HE IS ALWAYS ON THE ROAD AND MISSING PERSONS ,DALE VOICE IS FINE AND HAS DONE A BUNCH OF SHOWS THIS YEAR.DONT CARE WHAT TBONE SAYS, ,MAYBE THE MOTELS IF MARTHA IS OK, ALSO I HAVE DONE SHOWS WITH THEM AND THEY ARE ROAD DOGS,,,,MORDEN ENGLISH,,,, AS A OPENER MAYBE javascript:emoticonp('Twisted Evil')

richierich

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Some repsonses from me!

Post  Admin Mon May 04, 2009 12:14 pm

microdisney
China Crisis (Top Pick) Probably in the fall??

Thompson Twins Haven't hear from Tom in a couple months but not a great chance

XTC (Colin and Andy would be ok but would love to see Dave too) I booked the fateful tour for XTC where Andy flipped out before the show and never toured again! Sorry!

OMD (Saw them back in 80's with The twins) Are scheduled to tour with Simple Minds late Sept./Oct. here in the U.S.

Japan (Would be soooo cool)
Gary Numan An idea for the future!
Ultravox ( I second that!!) Probably won't happen here in the U.S., spoke to their manager and the money is not great enough for them to tour this territory. The UK dates are a one-time thing. Maybe Midge Ure will do a Regeneration Tour, we do have contact for this.

TBone
Altered Images

Blancmage I booked a Blancmange tour in the 80's, don't remember if it ever actually happened, they were good!

Blow Monkeys

China Crisis Probably in the fall!

Devo (seen them a number of times, but WELL worth another)

Thomas Dolby Thomas emailed me that he wasn't interested.

Jesus & Mary Chain I was The Reid Bros. agent throughout the 80's, don' think they'd do our thing!

Nik Kershaw Sorry, not enough people know Nik here

Kajagoogoo Kajagoogoo have worked on their budget and are ready for Regeneration 2010 once we start confirming bands!

Stan Ridgway Used to represent Stan and Wall of Voodoo, recently got word that Stan sent his regards to me via a promoter in NJ.... he's a pretty cool guy!

Spandau Ballet I represent Tony Hadley here, there is not enough money for Spandau in the U.S. but Tony will likely come here and tour on the back of the Spandau shows in Europe.

Sparks Was the first concert I ever worked promoted in 1975

Ultravox see above
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty ROXETTE

Post  Admin Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Just got word that Roxette will be touring for the first time since 2001 doing the Night of The Proms tour in October in Europe. I've sent their manager an email to see if they are looking at anything for the U.S. and to give them info on Regeneration Tour. Anybody want to see Roxette in 2010? Already got Kajagoogoo ready to do it, they work well musically on the same bill.

Rick
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TBone Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 pm

richierich wrote:BEING REALISTIC,,,,,THE THE,,HOWARD JONES THE SPECIALS,DAVE WAKELINGS ENGLISH BEAT,HE IS ALWAYS ON THE ROAD AND MISSING PERSONS ,DALE VOICE IS FINE AND HAS DONE A BUNCH OF SHOWS THIS YEAR.DONT CARE WHAT TBONE SAYS, ,MAYBE THE MOTELS IF MARTHA IS OK, ALSO I HAVE DONE SHOWS WITH THEM AND THEY ARE ROAD DOGS,,,,MORDEN ENGLISH,,,, AS A OPENER MAYBE javascript:emoticonp('Twisted Evil')

Sorry you don't care for what I say.....can only say what I saw back in about 2003....they stank. Her voice was gone and it wasn't original band (not that is as important, but it was too bad.
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

Post  TBone Wed May 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Admin wrote:Just got word that Roxette will be touring for the first time since 2001 doing the Night of The Proms tour in October in Europe. I've sent their manager an email to see if they are looking at anything for the U.S. and to give them info on Regeneration Tour. Anybody want to see Roxette in 2010? Already got Kajagoogoo ready to do it, they work well musically on the same bill.

Rick

Hmmm....not really a Roxette fan, but would go regardless.....main reason, never seen them, nor Kaja. Bring em on Rick!
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Thu May 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Admin wrote:Just got word that Roxette will be touring for the first time since 2001 doing the Night of The Proms tour in October in Europe. I've sent their manager an email to see if they are looking at anything for the U.S. and to give them info on Regeneration Tour. Anybody want to see Roxette in 2010? Already got Kajagoogoo ready to do it, they work well musically on the same bill.

Rick

cheers

I would absolutely love to see Roxette live-- actually thought about booking tickets overseas to see them on this coming tour, but was holding out for some US activity. I don't think of Roxette as an "80s" band, but I don't think that matters, as I consider Regeneration more of a "remember them?" tour for the casual music listener (which I am not!). Considering the amount of airplay they still get on adult contemporary radio, I think it would be a great choice and might bring out folks who never heard of the Regen tour before.

That would be a cool bill-- Roxette, Kaja, ...and maybe Gary Numan to really weird everyone out electronically! Wink

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  jpw2525 Thu May 07, 2009 3:33 pm

I have to say I would not be interested in Roxette, but will come regardless for a chance to see Kajagoogoo with Limahl. I would love to see some of the regeneration artists that have sliped through the cracks for past tours (Dead or Alive, Go West, and especially MWH) but realise that may not be possible.

I do like the fact that Roxette is not a regular and overutilized touring act in the US brtinging in a fresh face to the bill. Unfortunately I like many bands a bit under the radar that would not generate many sales -see my other listing- but would love to see The motels or Paul Young as it sounds like they may be possibilities from past response.

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Definately!!!

Post  gravelm Fri May 08, 2009 4:31 pm

They are a great group-would definately see that concert!!!

Bananarama-they have a new cd coming out-maybe they will tour next year also?

gravelm

Back to top Go down

Post  J & J Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 am

You know, every time I look at this forum I see this one photo and it makes me wish that Adam Ant could get it together enough to do a small tour like this one. I saw him in 1983-ish with The Romantics in Boston. What a great show.

J & J

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Ant music

Post  Admin Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 pm

J & J wrote:You know, every time I look at this forum I see this one photo and it makes me wish that Adam Ant could get it together enough to do a small tour like this one. I saw him in 1983-ish with The Romantics in Boston. What a great show.

Yeah, I know that feeling!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Roxette

Post  Phoenix Rising Mon May 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Roxette left the limelight due to a brain tumor suffered by Marie.
It would be GREAT to see them on ReGen '10!!!!!
also, maybe another shot at DEad or Alive and MWH! cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Roxette

Post  kramww Tue May 12, 2009 11:28 am

Roxette is a great choice to join Kajagoogoo!
I also second Gary Numan for 2010. The Fixx and Howard Jones would round out that bill nicely, but let's enjoy this year first. AC in 5 weeks!

kramww

Back to top Go down

Post  jpw2525 Wed May 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Maybe this would do?

Regeneration Tour 2011
Adam Ant
Kim Wilde
Kajagoogoo featuring Limahl
Men Without Hats
The Motels

Also: I am really excited about the possibility of a smaller club tour this fall with China Crisis. Please let me know if that is possible? would love to see some smaller acts such as Alphaville, Altered Images, or Visage.

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

Post  J & J Wed May 13, 2009 6:11 pm

jpw2525 wrote:Maybe this would do?

Regeneration Tour 2011
Adam Ant
Kim Wilde
Kajagoogoo featuring Limahl
Men Without Hats
The Motels

^^This would be great^^

I would love to see Kim Wilde doing "Middle Aged In America" affraid (Just kidding)!

J & J

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty wishful thinking

Post  Manute50 Fri May 15, 2009 7:50 am

I know it's impossible, but I'd love to see New Order here in the states.

Alphaville would be another I'd like to see.

Others to think about:
A-Ha
Kajagoogoo
Big Country (probably not likely)
general Public/English Beat
Dexy's Midnight Runners!!

Lots of other great ideas on here. Looking forward to this year's show!!!

Manute50

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty Coming.... in 2010.... lock up your children... it''s....

Post  Admin Fri May 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Coming.... in 2010.... lock up your children... it's....

DEGENERATION TOUR 2010

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? DegenerationTour

LOL!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpw2525 Fri May 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Really funny Rick!
but seriously, I was wondering if the possible club tour this fall with China Crisis is looking likely? I will be attending the Regen 2009 and dispite Heaven 17 being out I am really looking forward to the show. I, like many others have, want to thank you for all your hard work at these shows - jpw

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

REGENERATION TOUR 2010 IDEAS? Empty club tour

Post  Admin Fri May 22, 2009 6:12 pm

jpw2525 wrote:Really funny Rick!
but seriously, I was wondering if the possible club tour this fall with China Crisis is looking likely? I will be attending the Regen 2009 and dispite Heaven 17 being out I am really looking forward to the show. I, like many others have, want to thank you for all your hard work at these shows - jpw

JPW - appreciate your thanks! Still trying to lock in a Dallas date for July 13, it all hangs on Berlin accepting and we're all waiting for their answer. Once the summer tour is under way I can start thinking about the fall club tour for Oct/Nov. I'm still into the idea, China Crisis and two or three others, maybe T'Pau, maybe Boys Don't Cry ("I Wanna Be A Cowboy", new semi-hit single out now called "Don't Call Me A Country Singer"), etc. We'll see soon if it makes sense.

Rick
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next