REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men Without Hats website

+9
Sara
The Boiled Being
DanO
Phoenix Rising
teal
easternize
voiceman
The Real Voice of MWH
Admin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Men Without Hats website - Page 2 Empty Men Without Hats website

Post  rouen1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:48 pm

yes id love to see the hats, but ivan and stefan just seem negative about everything, no wonder they have bad vibe about them these days, they are more worried about bootlegs and unreleased songs from about 5 hardcore fans! kinda sad reallly when they cant tour because they dont have a solo following and even turn this down

rouen1

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website - Page 2 Empty FYI

Post  Admin Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Ivan (vocals/songwriter) very much wanted to do this tour, he was very easy to speak with but there are legal problems between Ivan and his brother Stefan (guitar) and Stefan controls the name! there was not enough time for them to resolve their dispute for this summer's tour, hopefully in the future.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website - Page 2 Empty Re: Men Without Hats website

Post  rouen1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Rick, thanks i think they have alot to offer in the 80s "unseen tours" as such, they have enough in the synth area to bring a clout and its different, being as ivan was the voice could he not do it alone? or the use of the name? how about alphaville or is that way too much due to european living to fly them here, ( well just marion these days) Visage are playing europe though i heard or done some tv show steve strange , rusty egan etc..

rouen1

Back to top Go down

Post  rouen1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:12 pm

oh how about haysi fantsayee? kate garner lives out here but jeremy lives in the uk as successful DJ so but its a duo as such with a few minor hits

rouen1

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website - Page 2 Empty Ivan/Stefan/Alphaville

Post  Admin Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:18 pm

As I said, Stefan controls the name. Ivan was going to do the tour with just their third brother Colin (bass) and he thought Stefan was going to let it happen based on an email he had received from him a year earlier but it turned out he wouldn't allow it.

I've been in otuch with Alphaville's manager in Germany and at some point we may see them here!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:21 pm

The Boiled Being wrote:I’m sure KAJAGOOGOO would leap at the chance to fill MWOH boots and do the Regeneration tour, Limahl (who still looks the part as a popstar) has recently had a reconciliation with his former band mates and they are reportedly putting a new album together. They appeared on a major UK national TV show (with Heaven 17) last November for the first time in 25 years, which went down very well in the UK press. There is still time to adjust the line up!

I don't know if I ever addressed this but I did go to Kajagoogoo, I think the bass player got back to me and then their manager. I gave them the details but they were leaving for shows in Poland or somewhere and by the time they worked out their budget and got back to me I had already been forced to make a decision and went with Cutting Crew as our choice. We've left it, now that they know their costs to come and tour here, that they will be at the top of the list for REGEN 2010 choices!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website - Page 2 Empty Kajagoogoo 2010

Post  thompsontwin Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi Rick.

Nick Beggs (Kajagoogoo's bassist) is a friend of ours and he is highly anticipating bringing Kaja V.3.0 to the States. I'm very thankful that it looks as if they'll come to an agreement financially and do it if all of the pieces fall into place. Thanks for considering them. I have uploaded a couple of videos from their homecoming performance in Milton Keynes, UK last December at the Stables club on youtube.com . They perform all of the Kaja hits as well as Limahl's contributions to the pop charts as a solo artist. More importantly though, they are just fantastic live! Nick is one of the finest bassists around and had Kaja not reunited, you'd see him sporting his Chapman Stick along side Martin Fry and ABC - a position he has played in for several years during the Kaja hiatus. He tours with Kim Wilde, Belinda Carlisle (sometimes) and Nick Heyward (Haircut 100).

The guys from Waterfront still want a shot too! You proposed some good questions though that only a taste-test live performance could probably answer; Like you, I'd like to see the results before booking an entire tour with an artist than came and went in such a flash. Their new stuff is excellent though I must add. I've interviewed Phil Celia (1/2 of the duo) and posted it at my site www.99x.com/jeremy_retrobeach.aspx

Highly anticipating Wang Chung and ABC at Chastain!

Cheers and blessings,
Jeremy K.

thompsontwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2