REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men Without Hats website

+9
Sara
The Boiled Being
DanO
Phoenix Rising
teal
easternize
voiceman
The Real Voice of MWH
Admin
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Men Without Hats website

Post  Admin Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi,
It has been brought to my attention that the Men without Hats website is run by Stefan, who has a family squabble with his brothers Ivan and Colin. The three brothers all were part of Men Without Hats. Ivan and Colin WILL be doing the tour, Ivan and his manager have assured me of this but I don't expect support from the website unless/untill they work out their differences. I know nothing of what the dispute is about.

So you may read on the Men Without Hats website things that are contrary to what you are hearing here on the REGENERATION MESSAGE BOARD. I will try to keep you informed as to the resolution of this but again Ivan (the voice and face of the band) assures me he will be doing this tour and that he is within his legal rights to do so.

RS
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty How about some proof?

Post  The Real Voice of MWH Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 am

Getting an "assurance" over the phone is a far cry from actual proof that someone actually speaks for whom they say they do. Do your homework please before spouting nonsense.

The Real Voice of MWH

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Stefan.... let's not make this a bigger problem than you already have!

Post  Admin Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Stefan,
I'm simply letting people know why they may be hearing different things on the MWH message board than they are here. With the internet these days rumours and misinformation spread like wildfire and these things need to be addressed to let people know where things stand. I will let you have a voice here for now but do not, I repeat DO NOT let this get out of hand.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty LOL

Post  The Real Voice of MWH Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:22 pm

LOL

Last edited by The Real Voice of MWH on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Real Voice of MWH

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Re: Men Without Hats website

Post  voiceman Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:26 pm

MWH is not the rolling stones, calm down man
voiceman
voiceman

Back to top Go down

Post  easternize Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 am

no, they are not the rolling stones.

they are MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE BEST!!!!!!!! Very Happy I love you

easternize

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty MWH Touring

Post  teal Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 pm

I think If they could put their differences aside and work together it would be/ could be an AWESOME show! They have always been a great band to see live! cheers

teal

http://www.katteal123/myspace.com

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty MWH

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:26 pm

cyclops Ok...let's nip this in the bud now. This forum is for the celebration of The Regeneration Tour and the artists and fans involved. Stefan,no matter what the problem is with in your family, this is not the place to either air dirty laundry, or to stir up nonsense. That is no way to make friends, and if MWH really means anything to you at all, get over your ego, and keep this nonsense away from the fans.We will not tolerate it. If you are trying to make people look bad, the only thing you are doing is holding up a mirror to yourself. If Fleetwood Mac can keep going, ( and they are),then I think that you can at least treat the fans here with the respect they deserve.
Your beef is with your brothers....
not us.....
So, keep us OUT OF IT!!!
Much Thanks!
Marc Farr,
Phoenix, Arizona
Admin. www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

p.s. If you really need an arena to vent over this, you are welcome to start a thread on my forum, ( link is above)
But, please...do not do it here!
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty F.U. pal

Post  The Real Voice of MWH Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:19 pm

I was just trying to warn these promoters (of what seems to be a VERY fine tour) and the fans that MWH is not confirmed for this tour yet. Never would I bash our fans, My beef actually isn't with anyone, I was just trying to clear up some misunderstandings between the tour organizers and our fans, who were being treated to false hopes after many years of asking when we were going to tour again. I am still working towards ironing out the details to make this tour happen, but as of yet MWH is not confirmed. Thank you.

The Real Voice of MWH

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:44 pm

cyclops Well, as long as you do not intend to bring the problem to this forum. That, is my only point.
Keep these things to yourself....
We want no part of this drama.
cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Ha!

Post  The Real Voice of MWH Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Tell that to the guy who started this thread, lol.

The Real Voice of MWH

Back to top Go down

Post  DanO Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 pm

Dear Admin:

I am one of the many who campaigned and voted for Men Without Hats to join the tour, but if they give you nothing but headaches - call China Crisis. Life is too short.

DanO

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Sack THem

Post  The Boiled Being Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Get rid of MWOH and do it now, before it becomes a financial and PR disaster!!!!!

If they cant get thir act together for a major tour opportunity like this, probably their last then F*** them. Before you start to sell tickets with a band that probably wont appear, remember the 'Dead or Alive' fiasco last year.

Its not that they cant be easily replaced; all the following are available on the ‘Here and Now’ Circuit:

ALTERED IMAGES
BANANARAMA
BELINDA CARLISLE
BROTHER BEYOND
BUCKS FIZZ
CHINA CRISIS
CURIOSITY KILLLED THE CAT
CUTTING CREW
HAZEL O'CONNOR
HOWARD JONES
JIMMY SOMERVILLE
JOHNNY HATES JAZZ
KAJAGOOGOO
KID CREOLE & THE COCONUTS
KIM WILDE
LIMAHL
LIVING IN A BOX
MIDGE URE
NICK HEYWARD
NIK KERSHAW
PAUL YOUNG
RICK ASTLEY
SINITTA
THE BELLE STARS
TOYAH
T'PAU
VISAGE
The Boiled Being
The Boiled Being

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Sack Them

Post  Admin Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Dearest Boiled!
Thanks for the extensive list of suggestions! Here are my thoughts:

ALTERED IMAGES – meant little in the U.S. in the 80’s, even less so now
BANANARAMA – too expensive for our package this year, don’t want to do any extended touring away from their families
BELINDA CARLISLE – was on last year
BROTHER BEYOND – ???? don’t remember them at all
BUCKS FIZZ – name sounds vaguely familiar but would mean nothing in the U.S.
CHINA CRISIS – planning on them for the fall club tour, not really sure for their draw for the summer tour.
CURIOSITY KILLLED THE CAT – again, don’t mean much in the U.S., a dozen people maybe in each city will come out for them
CUTTING CREW – were considered for this tour, MWH seemed to be a 3 to 1 favorite however
HAZEL O'CONNOR – would not mean much here in the U.S.
HOWARD JONES – considered for this tour but tours a lot and also didn’t get back to us with an answer
JIMMY SOMERVILLE - interesting
JOHNNY HATES JAZZ –spoke to them, might consider them for the fall, not enough recognition to help sell this tour
KAJAGOOGOO - possible
KID CREOLE & THE COCONUTS – don’t really fit musically
KIM WILDE – a bit expensive, was also told she too doesn’t want to tour extensively as she has a gardening TV show in the UK
LIMAHL _ Kajagoogoo redux
LIVING IN A BOX –again, not really a draw here
MIDGE URE –touring with Ultravox reunion in the UK and making a bloody fortune
NICK HEYWARD – Could work, was his agent in the 80’s after Haircut 100.
NIK KERSHAW – Don’t think there is any U.S. draw, 5 or 10 people in each city
PAUL YOUNG – considered Paul, could be a fall back plan
RICK ASTLEY – So many cons, so few pros…..
SINITTA – who?????
THE BELLE STARS – Absolutely no draw…. 2 or 3 people would know them in each city
TOYAH –absolutely no draw…. Maybe 5 people in each city will remember Toyah
T'PAU – Considering them for the fall club tour, repped them in the 80’s.
VISAGE - - really just Steve Strange, suppose it could be OK
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty MHW Replacement

Post  Phoenix Rising Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 pm

cyclops I hate to say this, but I agree....
As much as I like MWH, it does appear that they are a bit more trouble than a 4th slot act should be. Although, to cancel them now would just be fodder for Stefan. But, I feel T'Pau would be much better than MWH. They were quite popular here, and now is the perfect time for them to re-appear.
After the DOA deal last year,it seem that dealing with this type of drama now is counter-productive.
Let's hear it for T'Pau. cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Men without hats

Post  teal Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Oh Please don't give up on... MWH!!! I think They would be an awesome band to see live again!
Just because there seems to be a little trouble within the family don't let that screw it up for the guys who want to play!! The REAL Voice of MWH which I believe to be Ivan and not Stefan, Seems to want to do this tour.......So go for it Ivan Just do it!!!!!

teal

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Rising Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:30 pm

cyclops I would like to see MWH do the tour as well, but,this tour needs no drama. As much as I would like to see them ,from a fans point of view, from the business side of things,getting in too deep with a band with issues like this can lead to a disaster.A tour this size needs as few problems as possible.Hopefully for all concerned, all issues will be worked out prior to the kickoff of the tour,but, if not, I feel it is a bad idea to start the tour with any kind of cloud over it.
cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 pm

Admin wrote:
JIMMY SOMERVILLE - interesting
KAJAGOOGOO - possible
PAUL YOUNG – considered Paul, could be a fall back plan
T'PAU – Considering them for the fall club tour, repped them in the 80’s.
VISAGE - - really just Steve Strange, suppose it could be OK

All these would be my picks to see live, whether this summer or in the fall. Paul Young, especially! At least here in the Southeastern US, Paul Young and Kajagoogoo still get radio play on the Adult Contemporary channels.

Seconding a drama-free tour...

Sara

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Replacements

Post  The Boiled Being Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:53 pm

I’m sure KAJAGOOGOO would leap at the chance to fill MWOH boots and do the Regeneration tour, Limahl (who still looks the part as a popstar) has recently had a reconciliation with his former band mates and they are reportedly putting a new album together. They appeared on a major UK national TV show (with Heaven 17) last November for the first time in 25 years, which went down very well in the UK press. There is still time to adjust the line up!

Examples:

UK TV November 2008:

Sopot Festival 2008
The Boiled Being
The Boiled Being

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Kajagoogoo

Post  Admin Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:31 pm

I'll admit Limahl does look better than most of his contemporaries here 25 years later!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty Men Without Hats? F@*% Yeah!!!

Post  mikeystp69 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:47 pm

first i want to say that some of you on here should stop being so negative. getting nasty with one of the members of a group most of us love and would kill to see live certainly isn't helping them sort out their personal matters. i will take MWOH however i can get them but i'd prefer it be ALL of them so i hope things work out between the guys. now i have some suggestions for bands i'd love to see on the bill with MWOH. what about Book Of Love? i saw them in like '91 or so and they kick ass live. also it's time for them to make a big comeback and as a bonus, they probably all live in the U.S. so they wouldn't have to travel very far. how about Frankie? yeah, i know holly isn't in the band now but i'm willing to give his replacement a chance. i think Altered Images would be excellent. the B52's maybe. Sigue Sigue Sputnik perhaps. Love And Rockets. Icehouse. Thomas Dolby especially since i read he's got some sort of hits set coming out this year. oh and if Thomas Dolby then it's be cool to also have Lene Lovich. which of course brings to mind Nina Hagen. oh man, i'd throw my shoes at an Ex-president if i could see any and/or all of these bands/singers! one last thing, Kajagoogoo would make another excellent addition. Very Happy

mikeystp69

Back to top Go down

Men Without Hats website Empty MWH ALL THE WAY

Post  teal Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:53 pm

I have to have my Men Without Hats!!! ....No one else compares! Very Happy

teal

Back to top Go down

Post  m36 Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:16 pm

I would like you all to know I joined this board just because of this thread.

What a great web site. I am a little scared to post here because I am known as the "80's music" person at work, but here I might be out of my league (dare I mention Roxy Music for the wish list?).
m36
m36

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:18 pm

cyclops Fear not....this is the place for you if you love the 1980's !!!!
You can also check out my 80's music forum www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  m36 Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey thanks! Yes I still have my Siouxie and The Banshees t-shirts and stuff (AND all of those 80's buttons yep I kept them).

I'll check out your site.
m36
m36

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next