REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regeneration Tour 2009

+38
chungee fan
voiceman
eighties4ever
mcqued01
thompsontwin
Mullet
J & J
zane12
AFOS_RULES
davidk
mccuen@carolina.rr.com
Louden Swain
80sHeather
OutlandoGirl
OrioleGirl
java
Drake
A Fifth Column
jpdeuce73
kramww
jpw2525
ekentb
VegasDJ
electrico73
Walkman
Admin
Ogre
pessimisticnotes
Phoenix Rising
kissoulja
Stuckinthe80s
Ilovethe80s
Claytone
Sara
homer18
Zombii 67
vorzoth
TBone
42 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty reGen 2009

Post  Phoenix Rising Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:07 am

The Motels!!!!
Quarterflash!!!!
Communards!!!!
the possibilities are endless.... cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty 2009 Lineup

Post  electrico73 Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:24 pm

I just saw in the polls under the "Bands" section that Rick Astley has the most votes for next year??? That's a joke right? He has more votes than Thompson Twins and Tears For Fears?? I hope they don't take that into account and listen to our requests instead.

electrico73

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Regeneration Tour 2009

Post  VegasDJ Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:36 am

Ogre wrote:change the Vegas venue so people can dance as needed, otherwise last nights show was outstanding, well till belinda cried about her tamborine??
next years list should have at least,

Blancmange
shriekback
felony
tones on tail

cheers

BIG agreement on your lineup choices! Unfortunately, the man that performed as Felony passed away twenty years ago, or so. The others on the list would be totally awesome though.

I wouldn't say Belinda was "crying" about her tambourine. I've seen her before, and I think she was just being playful and trying to entertain the audience.

The venue wasn't great, especially the long walk through the Desert Passage, which I hate making every time I work an event at the Planet Hollywood conference center, but they would have to rent and set up a hotel ballroom to have enough space for the audience and dancing. It might not be worth it to the promoter, financially speaking.

VegasDJ

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty Rick Astley in the poll

Post  Admin Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:59 am

electrico73 wrote:I just saw in the polls under the "Bands" section that Rick Astley has the most votes for next year??? That's a joke right? He has more votes than Thompson Twins and Tears For Fears?? I hope they don't take that into account and listen to our requests instead.

There is a phenomena called "Rick Rolling" . Google it or look it up in wikipedia.... you'll get the picture.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ekentb Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:32 pm

Romeo Void!!!!!!
ekentb
ekentb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Admin wrote: I was their agent back in the 80's and we have a pretty trusting relationship and I hope to one day convince him to let us all hear all those great songs once again live.

Oh, please keep trying... it's a fantasy of mine to see the most-famous 3-person lineup, but I know that would probably be impossible. I'd be extremely happy with A & T.... but hey, I'll even be happy with just Tom! QS&SK is one of my favorite albums, so a chance to hear any of those songs live by the original vocalist/writer would be great. Like a Star @ heaven

Sara

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty Regeneration Tour 2009

Post  jpw2525 Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:54 am

Here is a requested line up for next year:

Adam Ant
A-Ha
Kim Wilde
Men Without Hats
Altered Images

or pick one of these great bands: (Blancmange, Visage, Nik Kershaw, Paul Young, Heaven 17, Captain Sensible, China Crisis, John Cooper Clarke, Thomas Dolby, Wire Train, Lene Lovich)

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

Post  TBone Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:43 pm

jpw2525 wrote:Here is a requested line up for next year:

Adam Ant
A-Ha
Kim Wilde
Men Without Hats
Altered Images

or pick one of these great bands: (Blancmange, Visage, Nik Kershaw, Paul Young, Heaven 17, Captain Sensible, China Crisis, John Cooper Clarke, Thomas Dolby, Wire Train, Lene Lovich)

Oh, I like those choices! I know Ant has had some issues in the past number of years, but I would love to see him tour again. I remember seeing A-Ha after their first album and really enjoyed that show. Saw Men Without Hats loooong ago (I think they opened for Ice House) and they were a lot of fun. I enjoyed this years Regen Tour so much, I would be sure to go again if it comes through this way next year.
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty Regen 2009

Post  kramww Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:06 pm

If there is any way that Thompson Twins and Adam Ant can be brought out of "retirement", I would be most impressed, not to mention the first in line to get tix!
However, the following is a more realistic list:

Tears For Fears
Howard Jones
The Fixx
Berlin
Paul Young
a-ha

Also, if Regen decides to do a "rock" version...

Night Ranger
Billy Squier
Triumph
Rick Springfield
Sparks
John Waite

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Trenton show this Thursday!

kramww

Back to top Go down

Post  jpdeuce73 Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Here are my choices:

Psychedelic Furs
Adam and the Ants.....not the solo Adam Ant
Madness
EBN-OZN
Plimsouls
Payolas
Men At Work
Charlie Sexton
Bananarama
The Specials

jpdeuce73

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:07 pm

I don't believe a-ha would do a tour such as Regeneration-- saw them at a sold-out show in NYC in 2005 (their first US show in 19 years, and only one since), & this May in London at Royal Albert Hall, where each band member performed with his solo project, and then all together as a-ha. (This is where I should mention a-ha is my favorite band!)

www.a-ha.com can tell you what they've been up to for the past 8 or 9 albums! I love you The new songs they played at RAH are amazing & as much as I hate to this phrase, a "return to form." Authentic, well-written, intelligent synthpop!

In case I didn't mention it in my previous want list on this thread-- I second Adam Ant (I'd like Marco Pirroni to be onstage as well!), Paul Young, & Visage would be mindblowing! I understand that Visage these days may just be Steve Strange with some electro-whippersnappers. Wink I'd prefer a live sound closer to the albums, not "oompah" thudding beats... but hey, it would be interesting I suppose!

How about this for a weird bill? Boy George (if his visa problems get fixed) & Marilyn. Marilyn writes on his MySpace that he's either been recording or is trying to record.

Sara

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty 2009 tour

Post  A Fifth Column Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:40 pm

I personally would love to see Ultravox..missed them in their day..but have seen Midge Ure solo a few times....would be a magical show...of course Gary Numan ( the godfather)...but he has been very prolific with new and adventurous music since the 80's and have always refused to be packaged up in a reunion tour. Heaven 17 on the US tour ( as opposed to only UK 2008 )
another fav band of mine is Clan of Xymox who also continue to tour and release material...the first 3-4 Cd's were wonderful music.. so not sure if any of these bands would agree..
But from last nights show in Boston..these bands played their hearts out and it was eveident every act loved the adulation coming from the crowds..even if it was for just the hits..
All these bands were what made me as a musician want to compose in the electronica/techno genre. Kudos to all of them...
A Fifth Column
Joseph H.

A Fifth Column

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:55 am

I'm thinking -

The Call
Siouxsie & The Banshees
Madness
Squeeze - On tour now I believe, so prolly wouldn't be interested or needy enough.
Crowded House
Level 42
This will never happen, but for sake of a mention - Kate Bush

Forgot these
Psychedelic Furs
Fine Young Cannibals
English Beat would be great but I'd settle for General Public

Last edited by Drake on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a few)

Drake

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty REGEN 2009

Post  Phoenix Rising Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:20 pm

cyclops Kate Bush has not toured in at least 18 years, and, if she did tour, she would fill stadiums by herself...very nice thought though
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty Kate Bush

Post  Admin Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:cyclops Kate Bush has not toured in at least 18 years, and, if she did tour, she would fill stadiums by herself...very nice thought though

Not sure if "she would fill stadiums by herself" here in the U.S. , maybe 2500-3000 seat stheaters but it is a pipe dream anyhow.... i'm working on some February dates for Bob Geldof and he shares management with Kate and when I first got in touch with Geoff about working with Bob he said "and don't even mention Kate as she will not be doing any dates in the forseeable future".
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty my wish list

Post  java Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:37 am

Ok I know this will never happen but the Cure would be a GREAT headliner!!(they still tour though so I know that is not going to happen but I can dream) Add into that dream Depeche Mode!!

Others I would pay to see agin
Haircut 100
Thomson Twins
Simple minds
Simply Red

And I really wanted to see Dead Or Alive this time so if he is feeling better next year would love to see them!

java

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty My 2009 "Wish List"

Post  OrioleGirl Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:57 am

In no particular performing order:

Split Enz
Haircut 100
The Romantics
The Bangles
The Go-Go's
Bananarama

I know this is a list full of awesome talent, and perhaps it would be very difficult to make this happen -- to get all these acts together at once -- but that's my "wish list"....

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  OutlandoGirl Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:59 am

Ogre wrote:change the Vegas venue so people can dance as needed, otherwise last nights show was outstanding, well till belinda cried about her tamborine??
next years list should have at least,

Blancmange
shriekback
felony
tones on tail

cheers

I think those bands are WAYYYYYY TOOOOOO unknown in the U.S. If you thought attendance was poor in 2008 at some of the U.S. venues, wait until a lineup like the one above. Can you say "mostly empty"?

OutlandoGirl

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty Also, I forgot to add...

Post  OrioleGirl Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:25 pm

I think that another band that has been totally underrated is The Producers, out of Atlanta, GA. They were early darlings of MTV back in 1981, and have decent hits with "Certain Kinda Girl", "What's He Got", "She Sheila", "What She Does To Me", "I Love Lucy", "Primitive Man", and more. I heard this band is still together and still plays gigs throughout the southeast U.S.

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty 2008 Was Good Would Like to See for 2009.....

Post  80sHeather Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Howard Jones
OMD
Erasure
Spandau Ballet
Depeche Mode

I guess just about anyone New Wave.......maybe they should have a New Wave tour.

80sHeather

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty 2009

Post  Louden Swain Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:50 pm

The soundtrack to the movie "Some Kind of Wonderful" is excellent. Pretty neat new wave music. Definitely worth a listen.

Louden Swain

Back to top Go down

Post  mccuen@carolina.rr.com Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Belinda was great and I'd love to see her back as the headliner with more from her catalog or the Go-Go's

mccuen@carolina.rr.com

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty And also....

Post  OrioleGirl Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Yes, Belinda was amazing as usual and returning with the Go-Go's would be ideal. Wouldn't it be just COOL if they had a tour with only chick bands -- Go-Go's, Bangles, Bananarama, Pat Benatar, Blondie?

Although, I must say, I'd miss the guys -- so I'd want them there too.

BRING SPLIT ENZ!

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty KIM !!

Post  davidk Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:38 pm

I would LOVE to see Kim wilde do a full on set (an hour) her last cd is so amazing , she still rocks & has some great hits !

Berlin
Nena
Spandau bellet
Japan
Marshall crenshaw
Honeymoon suite
Gary numan
The Outfield

all stuff i would love to see .......

bands like Peter Gabriel & Journey just would never happen , they are selling out 20,000 seaters on their own tours .

davidk

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 2 Empty More Great Ideas for 2009

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 am

cyclops Split Enz...absolutly!
Gary Numan! affraid Right on!
....and, that is sad news about Kate Bush,Admin,but, expected news. Very sad... Sad
But, let's gear up for a stronger,bigger Re-Generation Tour 2009!
Cecil

http://back2theeighties.forumotion.com
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next