REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regeneration Tour 2009

+38
chungee fan
voiceman
eighties4ever
mcqued01
thompsontwin
Mullet
J & J
zane12
AFOS_RULES
davidk
mccuen@carolina.rr.com
Louden Swain
80sHeather
OutlandoGirl
OrioleGirl
java
Drake
A Fifth Column
jpdeuce73
kramww
jpw2525
ekentb
VegasDJ
electrico73
Walkman
Admin
Ogre
pessimisticnotes
Phoenix Rising
kissoulja
Stuckinthe80s
Ilovethe80s
Claytone
Sara
homer18
Zombii 67
vorzoth
TBone
42 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Regeneration Tour 2009

Post  Admin Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:29 pm

OutlandoGirl wrote:By the way, the link to this forum from the website doesn't work. I had to find the email sent out a few days ago and link from there.

The link has been fixed though some other things have not!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chungee fan Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Rumour has it bounce
Wang chung will be performing with it's original points on the curve lineup, with Jack, Nick & drummer Darren Costin Cool Very Happy cheers AMAZING!
I really hope that's true.

[quote="thompsontwin"]Hi Rik

Everyone agrees: Wang Chung is a great addition if you do in fact book them on this tour. In 2001, Wang Chung toured with a few other minor '80s acts (Missing Persons, AFOS and Gene Loves Jezebel) and stole the show. They played venues that were between 1500-3000 seats, including House of Blues theatres. Nick Feldman wasn't touring with Jack then, so having both guys present in 2009 is refreshing.

chungee fan

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 5 Empty RICK -

Post  OrioleGirl Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Just got my tickets to the Wolf Trap (Vienna, VA) concert today -- concert is on 6/24. Rick, do you have an e-mail address and/or any way to send you a message through this web page? I wanted to let you know where we are seating (very close to the stage) because my family & I would like to meet you - if you are going to be part of the Regen Tour '09 traveling crew.

Best!

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Rising Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi. Rick is a great guy!! You can reach him by clicking on his profile
(Admin) and send him a private message. cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 5 Empty Thanks Phoenix

Post  OrioleGirl Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Thanks Phoenix!

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:24 pm

OrioleGirl wrote:Just got my tickets to the Wolf Trap (Vienna, VA) concert today -- concert is on 6/24. Rick, do you have an e-mail address and/or any way to send you a message through this web page? I wanted to let you know where we are seating (very close to the stage) because my family & I would like to meet you - if you are going to be part of the Regen Tour '09 traveling crew.

Best!

Yes, Phoenix is correct you can send me a private message here on the forum the way he described or at info@regenerationtour.com, I read everything that comes through there as well. I won't be on the raod for all the shows but as last year will pop out for certain dates. I was at Wolf Trap last year and may drive down for this year as well but it is too early to tell. Last year I was at Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, L.A., Trenton, DC and NY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 5 Empty Okay, Rick....

Post  OrioleGirl Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:02 pm

I'll e-mail or PM you as soon as I get my tickets in the mail from Wolf Trap offices. I've totally forgotten our row/seat numbers, but they are always the same every time we go there because they're in the handicapped section (our son has mild autism and suffers from overstimulation at times, thus Wolf Trap always seats us near a restroom or concession stand). We always bring his ear muffs to 'drown out' the noise. Last year at Regeneration Tour '08 he HAD A BLAST, danced all throughout the concert, and told his entire 1st grade class, teachers & staff the next day how much fun he had -- and he also still tells the story that Belinda Carlisle 'threw him a kiss'.... he is too funny!

Have a great week!
"Oriole Girl"

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 5 Empty 2009 tickets!!!

Post  mcqued01 Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 am

Rick:

Very excited here--Detroit tickets going on sale on Saturday the 4th!!! Should be great and I can't wait until the show!!! Excellent line-up once again and as always you have my regards for doing such good work and helping to provide a form of entertainment that all of us 40-somethings can enjoy and relate to!!!
In order to be able to deal with having to wait until June 27th, I am simply going to have to make due with Final Four tickets for this weekend!!!
All the best & many thanks!!!

Daryld

mcqued01

Back to top Go down

Post  knyc Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 pm

So how is the tour so far? I was at the new york show and it was a fabulous experience. Never got to see any of these acts back in the day and was very happy to see and appreciate them.

Wang Chung - Kinda laid back but they sounded good and seemed in good spirits. They played:

Don't Let Go
Let's Go
Drive
To Live and Die in LA
Dance Hall Days
Everybody Have Fun

Berlin - Highlight of the night. Band was tight and Terri Nunn was high energy, constantly moving, climbing to the side of the stage and going thru the audience on the shoulders of a stage hand. And Terri sounded awesome.

Masquerade
Metro
No More Words
Matter of Time
Somebody to Love
Dope Show
Ordinary Girl
Take My Breath Away
Dancing In Berlin
Sex

ABC - Nice full sounding band and Martin was perfect.

Poison Arrow
How to be a Millionaire
4 Ever 2 gether
Tears are not Enough
2 new songs
All of My Heart
When Smokey Sings
Be Near Me
Look of Love

knyc

Back to top Go down

Post  OrioleGirl Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:22 am

WONDERFUL!! I was wondering what the set song lists looked like.... I wish Belrin would sing "Tell Me Why" and "Will I Ever Understand You?"

Going to the concert tonight, 6/24, in Virginia.

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 5 Empty set lists

Post  Admin Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Not sure those are complete.... more like highlights I think maybe, the ABC list looks short but I've been running around and catching bits and pieces on the nights i've been there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 pm

awesome! I wish Wang Chung had a larger set but so it goes... at least they're playing!

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  knyc Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:34 pm

You're right, they're not complete. I should have said they're off the top of my head. I'm positive on Wang Chung and Berlin but not the order. ABC, I think i'm missing 1 or 2.

Kudos to whomever played Propaganda's Duel 12 inch mix in between acts. Good to know they're not forgotten. I had to pull those out to listen to them when I got home.

knyc

Back to top Go down

Post  OrioleGirl Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:27 am

WOLF TRAP (VIENNA, VIRGINIA) UPDATE: I just got home. It's past Midnight here in Southern Maryland. Cutting Crew, Wang Chung, Berlin & ABC played. All sets were tight and the concert started right at 7 p.m. All vocalists sounded terrific... their backup bands were great - especially Berlin's and ABC's. I recognized the gal who sang with ABC as the same gal who played with them and with Belinda Carlisle last year at RegenTour08. She has an amazing voice, worthy of a solo career of her own. My son & I enjoyed ourselves magnificently. Rick, we missed you and I had a nice gift for you courtesy of my former employer, Rums of Puerto Rico. I'll have to hand it to you at a future date.

CRITICISMS:

1) Too many creepy groupies milling about (both male & female) during Berlin's set. Truly, I got concerned. I don't know if or how Terri Nunn deals with this on a regular basis.

2) Venue was practically empty. I'm thinking that this has to do with the fact that many people in the DC-VA-MD region go away in June & July (last year, RegenTour08 took place on Aug. 28th, when school classes were underway and people were back established at home, so there was a larger audience then).

Overall, we had a great time and, should there be a RegenTour in 2010, we will most likely be there. We also supported the tour's merchandise store.

Great job with everything, Rick.

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  murph Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 am

The Boston crowd was pretty small at the start but picked up as the night went on-hopefully the other shows have had/will have decent crowds so we can look forward to 2010-it may not be the crowds they hoped for but, Rick, if you get a chance please make sure the artists know how much we enjoyed and appreciate the shows and everything you have done.

murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Fast80's Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:34 am

So can anyone give the Set Times/Set Line-Up?
Is it 7:15 Cutting Crew, then Wang Chung, ABC and end with Berlin (for LA Show )? Or Berlin before ABC? About what time does show end? Thanks to anyone (hint Rick) that may help me out.

I just now found out Heaven 17 isn't playing. I bought pit tickets only for the chance to see them. (Me Sad)

Fast80's

Back to top Go down

Regeneration Tour 2009 - Page 5 Empty set times

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Fast80's wrote:So can anyone give the Set Times/Set Line-Up?
Is it 7:15 Cutting Crew, then Wang Chung, ABC and end with Berlin (for LA Show )? Or Berlin before ABC? About what time does show end? Thanks to anyone (hint Rick) that may help me out.

I just now found out Heaven 17 isn't playing. I bought pit tickets only for the chance to see them. (Me Sad)

I don't know what time the sets are because I don't know what venue you are going to but the night starts with Cutting Crew for 30min, a 5-10 min break, then Wang Chung for 30, a 15 min break, Berlin for 40 min, a 15 min break and then ABC for 45 min.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GlasgowGold Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:28 pm

It's my understanding that ABC is including the brilliant classic Date Stamp in the set list and that Lily Gonzalez is performing with them again this year.

Will be the first time that I hear Date Stamp live with a proper female vocal (Lily is perfect for the role!) and I can't wait!
GlasgowGold
GlasgowGold

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:05 pm

GlasgowGold wrote:It's my understanding that ABC is including the brilliant classic Date Stamp in the set list and that Lily Gonzalez is performing with them again this year.

Will be the first time that I hear Date Stamp live with a proper female vocal (Lily is perfect for the role!) and I can't wait!

You are correct aobut Lily doing vocals and percussion again this year. I do believe that song has been in most of the sets.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GlasgowGold Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 pm

The Silicon Valley show at Mountain Winery last night was absolutely fantastic. While it wasn't a sellout, the crowd was enthusiastic.

Berlin and ABC really were outstanding. Terri ran into the crowd, invited dozens of fans on stage to dance and made out with the guitarist. ABC put on the best show in the four times I have seen them - first time with a live sax player and first time I have seen Date Stamp with the proper female vocal (Lily Gonzalez is a real talent and was outstanding). Martin is still so energetic and smooth. You get the feeling he is enjoying it and that's just so contagious.

Rick, thanks so much for putting the tour together. It was a special night. ABC in particular is welcome in the Bay Area anytime!
GlasgowGold
GlasgowGold

Back to top Go down

Post  VegasDJ Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:12 am

knyc wrote:
ABC - Nice full sounding band and Martin was perfect.

Poison Arrow
How to be a Millionaire
4 Ever 2 gether
Tears are not Enough
2 new songs
All of My Heart
When Smokey Sings
Be Near Me
Look of Love

One of the new songs was "Ride". I think the other was "The Very First Time", but now that it has been five months since the show, I'm not sure about that one.

VegasDJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5