REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Make a 2009 tour more successful

4 posters

Go down

How To Make a 2009 tour more successful Empty How To Make a 2009 tour more successful

Post  rickbear Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm not complaining at all about this Tour. To see 5 mini concerts in one evening was really great. But the Las Vegas show was poorly attended, and I blame the Planet Hollywood establisment for that. I bought my second row tickets the first day of sales. But Weeks went by where you couldn't find an advertisment for the show, so the ticket sales were poor.

To make 2009 a better and more successful tour, they need to just have Three bands and give them each an hour. One Strong headliner would be great for starters. I'm thinking AHA / THOMPSON TWINS / THOMAS DOLBY...but that's just an example.

rickbear

Back to top Go down

How To Make a 2009 tour more successful Empty Re: How To Make a 2009 tour more successful

Post  pbMusic Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:46 am

I like the format..yeah, it's a bit short of a set but what a fun night hearing all these hits and gives some groups the chance to play that might not be otherwise heard all that often. It also gives me a great excuse to clear my calendar and tell everyone to not bother me that night, months in advance, because I'm going to have a serious party that day. I went to the DTE show and the attendance wasn't that hot either - but a few years ago I went to a similar type of show where 4 bands were playing 80s pop and it was almost the same situation. It's almost like these shows should be in smaller venues if they're not going to advertise more...They really have to push the shows more, as I only heard one commercial on the radio the entire summer...then again, I think everyone's having that sort of problem - how to you advertise to people that are all walking around listening to ipods or satellite radio? I hope we always have a regeneration tour and the numbers continue to grow...

In the meantime, i'm trying to find out how to get the new Naked Eyes CD that I didn't buy at the show...

Pete

pbMusic

Back to top Go down

How To Make a 2009 tour more successful Empty About the format...

Post  OrioleGirl Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:54 am

I enjoyed the format (just saw them at Vienna, VA on 8/26) and it does help that the songs and acts go fast, especially on a school night and the fact that we brought our kids to the concert. I think that would would help would be a "theme", for example, "Renegeration Tour '09 - Boy Meets Girl" -- and subsequently have bands that are composed of boys (Haircut 100, Split Enz, The Romantics), or girls (Bangles, Bananarama, Go-Go's), or both girls and boys (Thompson Twins come to mind).

We had such a great time and our kids enjoyed the concert very much. We cannot wait to take the family again (to the 2009 concert). Even our kids' teachers were jealous because they couldn't go (we live 2 hours away from the venue), but they made a point to say that they would definitely attend next year.

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

How To Make a 2009 tour more successful Empty Let me add....

Post  OrioleGirl Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Let me add that I'm a firm believer that Regeneration Tour shuold remain all 1980's all of the time. However, from time to time the concert tours can change "genres" -- from New Wave to Punk Rock to Synth Pop to Heavy Metal to Hair Bands -- all encompassing the decade of the 1980's. For example, this year the artists were mostly synth/pop/new wave. Perhaps the next concert tour can be 80's hair bands or international synth groups (A-HA; Split Enz) or American bands who rocked in the early 80's (The Romantics, The Producers).

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

How To Make a 2009 tour more successful Empty Re: How To Make a 2009 tour more successful

Post  davidk Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:30 pm

I liked the 5-band line-up , i think it worked well , if maybe the last two acts could get just a bit longer , start the shows an hour earlier .

This whole summer has been tough for live shows all around people did not have the $$$ to get out with the way gas prices & such were , I hope things change by next year , it was a great & fun evening .

davidk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down