REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boston Show

3 posters

Go down

Boston Show Empty Boston Show

Post  Drake Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:12 am

Just saw the Regeneration Tour last night at the Bank of America Pavilion here in Boston. Bought fifth row tickets the night of, a little disconcerting there, but the place did seem to fill up after a while.

Naked Eyes, or more appropriately Naked Eye sans Rob Fisher, seemed a little too heavy on the melancholy /sadness scale.

Flock of Seagulls - Real tough. When they first came on stage making adjustments to the instruments, I thought they were Roadies. They looked & performed like they walked straight out of a homeless shelter and or Rehab.

Thankfully. things picked up considerably when ABC took the Stage. Excellent performance, even if Martin Fry's voice sounded a bit strained. I guess the old pipes don't quite recover after a few gigs like they did 20+ years ago.

Belinda Carlisle seemed to be a bit catty with the stage hands and back-up band, but she sounded & performed great. Nice mix of Go-Go's and Single stuff.

Human League, very entertaining, Synth Pop - Performance Art in all it's glory. Phil Oakey got his cardio in, kicking a highly theatrical performance on stage. I did feel a little bad for Joanne Catherall, she was painfully too ample for those costumes, but she soldiered on workin' it to the Max. Susan Ann Sulley looked fantastic, and sang back up flawlessly.

All in all good show, but my advice to anyone going to any of the upcoming wrap up dates, take your time getting there, grab a cocktail & skip the first two acts.

Last edited by Drake on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : none)

Drake

Back to top Go down

Boston Show Empty Re: Boston Show

Post  J & J Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:25 pm

It was great seeing all of the bands last night. Human League really did sound fantastic but I think ABC stole the show.

J & J

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:18 pm

J & J wrote:It was great seeing all of the bands last night. Human League really did sound fantastic but I think ABC stole the show.

I'd say it was a bit of a toss up. I was struck by how tall Martin Fry is in person Shocked not many men can get away with an orange suit either Cool

Both performers had great stage shows, but I thought Human League had the edge. Philip Oakey did bear a curious, albeit unintentional resemblance to Dr. Evil though Laughing

Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  The Boiled Being Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Drake wrote:I did feel a little bad for Joanne Catherall, she was painfully too ample for those costumes, but she soldiered on workin' it to the Max. Susan Ann Sulley looked fantastic, and sang back up flawlessly.

Please remember that 'the girls' have totally different off stage lives.
Off stage Joanne Catherall is a married, full time mum with young children. Where as Susan Sulley is a single (but taken!), child less, socialite (& gym addict).
The Boiled Being
The Boiled Being

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:13 am

The Boiled Being wrote:
Drake wrote:I did feel a little bad for Joanne Catherall, she was painfully too ample for those costumes, but she soldiered on workin' it to the Max. Susan Ann Sulley looked fantastic, and sang back up flawlessly.

Please remember that 'the girls' have totally different off stage lives.
Off stage Joanne Catherall is a married, full time mum with young children. Where as Susan Sulley is a single (but taken!), child less, socialite (& gym addict).

Appreciated. -BUT- Come on, Joanne's costumes were even skimpier & more revealing than Susan's. Gratuitous really.

Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down