REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heaven 17 out?

+7
OrioleGirl
Sara
J & J
murph
Admin
TBone
just lou
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty Heaven 17 out?

Post  just lou Wed May 13, 2009 3:41 pm

I just received an email from Ticketmaster stating Heaven 17 isn't performing. WTF? This is the A/C show.

just lou

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty Re: Heaven 17 out?

Post  just lou Wed May 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Please be advised the originally scheduled performance of Regeneration Tour, scheduled at Superstar Theater on Saturday, June 20, 2009, at 8:00pm, has a performer change.

Heaven 17 will not be performing.

Original tickets will be honored, and refunds are available. You may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method…

If your tickets were sent to you via ticketFast or were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you can request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service no later than Friday, June 19, 2009, by 3:00pm ES/DT @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets back to:

Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
Heaven 17 Refund/NY3
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Your tickets must be received in our office no later than Friday, June 19, 2009, by 3:00pm ES/DT. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $4.00 per order processing fee, any ticketFast, or UPS delivery charges and in-store pick up charges are non-refundable.

just lou

Back to top Go down

Post  TBone Wed May 13, 2009 6:24 pm

What?! What?! What?

Rick?
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

Post  just lou Wed May 13, 2009 9:46 pm

I can't decide if I still want to go. Neutral

just lou

Back to top Go down

Post  TBone Thu May 14, 2009 1:45 am

I'll probably pass now. Sorry Rick. The other bands are fine, but I was there for 17. I know it's not your fault, but maybe next year.
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

Post  just lou Thu May 14, 2009 2:16 am

What I don't understand is why are they still playing the other dates, and not this one? At least they are according to the lineups posted on Ticketmaster's site.

just lou

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty H17 are out of the tour!

Post  Admin Thu May 14, 2009 1:03 pm

It is true. Yesterday Heaven 17 bowed out of doing the tour. Unfortunately we came up a couple dates short of what was expected in booking the tour, they said in addition there were some unanticipated costs and an unfavorable exchange rate that meant they would not be able to justfiy doing the tour financially. We're sorry to see this happen and it has created a whirlwind of problems and extra work on our end and for promoters.

Right now, due to the late date this occured, for the shows that have Berlin on them they will remain as 4 band shows (ABC/Berlin/Wang Chung/Cutting Crew). The shows that do not have Berlin on them will have Heaven 17 replaced. In Detroit and Toronto it will be Missing Persons. In Grand Rapids it will be Tommy Tutone. In Boston and Salt Lake City I do not know yet. Las Vegas already had Missing Persons on the bill and will remain as a 4 band show. All the others have Berlin on them.

We tried everything in our power to convince H17 to do this tour as agreed but in the end they refused to reconsider and we have had to move on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Post  murph Fri May 15, 2009 10:53 am

Hey Rick-good luck with finding someone for the Boston date-thanks for the hard work man

murph

Back to top Go down

Post  J & J Fri May 15, 2009 5:46 pm

This has got to be tough trying to line up these shows. It had to be easier back when the bands wanted to make it big. Now if the band doesn't like the terms I suppose they will just say screw it and stay home.

Thank's for these shows Rick cheers

J & J

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty Here''s how things differ from the old days....

Post  Admin Fri May 15, 2009 6:16 pm

J & J wrote:This has got to be tough trying to line up these shows. It had to be easier back when the bands wanted to make it big. Now if the band doesn't like the terms I suppose they will just say screw it and stay home.

Thank's for these shows Rick cheers

Back in the old days the bands were coming to support a new record release, usually had record company money to back their tours, etc. Now, none of these bands have record companies (or if they do they're not real ones like there used to be) and even if they did the record companies don't have money any more to support tours so the only reasons to do these tours are a) for reliving the glory or the memories or b) for the money. Some acts could care less about the excitement, others don't really care about the money (to the degree that they are happy to just break even and do it). Some have moved on in their careers and have other commitments in their lives, familes, homes and mortgages, college tuition, etc that need to be taken in to account or jobs that if they take leave for a month that income needs to be covered by the tour. Yes, it is a lot different these days for all these 80's acts than it was back in their heyday when it comes to touring and motivation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J & J Sun May 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Well, your efforts to pull this together are appreciated.

J & J

Back to top Go down

Post  just lou Mon May 18, 2009 12:14 am

I'm still going. I decided not to let 1 band ruin my night out.

just lou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Mon May 18, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm still going as well. I can understand the reasons why H17 had to bow out, but at the same time it still bites as a fan. However, at least they're a band that still does tours elsewhere in the world! If one had the motivation to really see them, it could happen.

The band I'm really going for this year is Wang Chung, and I've got my fingers crossed they'll be able to stick with the tour, since they haven't played anywhere in many moons. Even so, I want to support the RegenTour in hopes that it will prove to be a viable touring outlet for more bands I'd like to see next year. I love you

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  murph Mon May 18, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm still in too-like you said-have to help make sure the tour is a financial success for future tours/bands

murph

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty Wang Chung

Post  Admin Mon May 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Sara wrote:I'm still going as well. I can understand the reasons why H17 had to bow out, but at the same time it still bites as a fan. However, at least they're a band that still does tours elsewhere in the world! If one had the motivation to really see them, it could happen.

The band I'm really going for this year is Wang Chung, and I've got my fingers crossed they'll be able to stick with the tour, since they haven't played anywhere in many moons. Even so, I want to support the RegenTour in hopes that it will prove to be a viable touring outlet for more bands I'd like to see next year. I love you

Wang Chung are still very much into doing this tour, we're in the midst of getting quotes for their tour bus for them and Cutting Crew. Jack and Nick from WC are going to share a drummer and keyboard player with Nick from Cutting Crew and they'll all be one happy family on one tour bus together. ABC have already reserved their tour bus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  murph Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Hey Rick-glad to hear that about WC and CC-anything new on a curse-breaking 4th band for the Boston date?

murph

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty Boston

Post  Admin Mon May 18, 2009 3:41 pm

murph wrote:Hey Rick-glad to hear that about WC and CC-anything new on a curse-breaking 4th band for the Boston date?

Not yet, haven't heard from John Innamorato at Live Nation since last Thursday about replacing H17 there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty RICK -

Post  OrioleGirl Thu May 21, 2009 3:30 pm

I will still be attending as well (Wolf Trap venue in Vienna, VA)... as much as I like Heaven 17, I love Missing Persons and would not miss this concert for anything in the world.... looking forward to meeting you, Rick!

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty Re: Heaven 17 out!!!

Post  mcqued01 Thu May 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Rick:

Have to admit being quite disappointed that H-17 has pulled out!!! We were all looking forward to seeing them this year (no disrespect intended to Missing Persons--they should be a quality fill-in band for the show in Detroit--but I know lots of us had really gotten psyched up to see H-17!!!)

By now you must be absolutely amazed at the number of line-up changes that have been forced upon you (it has really been quite unbelievable) and once again I have to give you kudos for sticking with it and always coming up with alternatives that are not just serviceable bands, but in fact are damn good ones!!!

Will you be coming to Detroit?? If so, as I have said before, I'd like the opportunity to thank-you in person for all that you have done in the development of these tours and for your continued dedication & great work in the face of such adversity!!! Cheers to you Rick!!!!

Daryld

mcqued01

Back to top Go down

Post  DanO Mon May 25, 2009 4:14 am

Will the remaining bands be playing longer sets now? Thanks.

DanO

Back to top Go down

Post  murph Tue May 26, 2009 11:18 am

Hey Rick-just an FYI- I was listing to a local radio station-104.5fm WXLO-and they were plugging Mission Persons as playing on the Boston date at the HOB with the rest of the bands

murph

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty longer sets?

Post  Admin Tue May 26, 2009 12:07 pm

DanO wrote:Will the remaining bands be playing longer sets now? Thanks.
I believe Cutting Crew and Wang Chung will be sticking with 30 minutes, ABC and Berlin will likely expand their sets a bit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Heaven 17 out? Empty News to me!

Post  Admin Tue May 26, 2009 12:08 pm

murph wrote:Hey Rick-just an FYI- I was listing to a local radio station-104.5fm WXLO-and they were plugging Mission Persons as playing on the Boston date at the HOB with the rest of the bands

That's news to me as Live Nation in Boston have not communicated their desires to me. Having Missing Persons on the show is preferable there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DanO Tue May 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Admin wrote:
DanO wrote:Will the remaining bands be playing longer sets now? Thanks.
I believe Cutting Crew and Wang Chung will be sticking with 30 minutes, ABC and Berlin will likely expand their sets a bit.
Since we don't have Berlin in Vegas will Missing persons extend their set? Also, any word on an on-sale date for Vegas? Despite Heaven 17 we are still attending! Very Happy

DanO

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 26, 2009 2:09 pm

DanO wrote:
Since we don't have Berlin in Vegas will Missing persons extend their set? Also, any word on an on-sale date for Vegas? Despite Heaven 17 we are still attending! Very Happy

I think MP will likely do a little longer as well. Only reason why WC & CC can't expand their sets is that WC are using CC's drummer and keyboard player and they will only have learned the songs for the 30 minute set.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next