REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING!

2 posters

Go down

NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING! Empty NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING!

Post  Phoenix Rising Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:29 pm

cyclops O.K....let's clear some things up....
As for Naked Eyes, the very first ad in the Phoenix New Times did include Naked Eyes, however, this was quickly changed,as the ad was published , to my knowledge, by LIVE NATION, not by Red Entertainment.
Second, there are great bands on this bill. I was very upset when I heard about DOA,but, The Human League themselves make this tour worth seeing. They have never been to Phoenix before, and have become a great live band.
I understand your frustration. But, if you really let your tickets go to waste, you are the one losing out.
Years ago, I went to see Iron Maiden with opening act Twisted Sister,in Denver,Colorado. Personally, I was going to see Twisted Sister, who are still one of my favourite bands. When we arrived at the arena, we found out that, due to injury, TS would not be performing. They offered refunds, but, I decided that i would indeed go in and see Iron Maiden.
Iron Maiden made it up to us by playing a 3 hour set. Yes, I was dissaponted,but,some things are un-forseeable.
Yet, I did not deny myself the chance to see Iron Maiden.
Maybe one has to be in the music business to understand these things. But...
THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!!!! cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING! Empty Bitching ....Call it what you want!

Post  ejfitman Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:43 pm

I've seen Human League 3 times before and know they are a great act/ABC also....but Naked Eyes and DOA WERE advertised before and during initial ticket sales! Ticketmaster would not refund tickets and from what I understand the Dodge was HALF full for this show/also the reviews were right on with my "bitching" Missing Persons and The imposter Flock both SUCK now...read it yourslf! How Belinda Carlisle fits into all this I never understood and people in Phx and Tucson didnt want my 7th row tickets for half price. So mind your own business and admit it when the masses were duped..1 act sick ok,but 2 and then having hack fill ins....unacceptable! Driving from Tucson to Phx at 4 dollars a gallon to see the Human League do a third of their headliner show just don't cut it. People who go see this show at least wont have to sit thru MPersons horrendous act with Dale forgetting lyrics and 20 yr old studio musicians trying to duplicate Warren C's guitar/also use the FOSeagulls time to buy food,beer,bathroom...they are Crap!

ejfitman

Back to top Go down

NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING! Empty A reply.

Post  Phoenix Rising Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:54 pm

[b]Well, it is obvious that you and I have different tastes in music, when it comes to the 80's. That's good. For myself, I was always aware that Missing Persons would be there, because,as I have stated before, I love concert merchandise, and have been collecting it since my first concert in the winter of 1983, when I saw Culture Club, (then, shortly after, Ozzy Osbourne.) I have a HUGE rock/concert. music memorabilia collection. I cut out and keep every ad, review,my ticket stubs,literallyEVERYTHING I can get my hands on. So, when the very first print ad for this tour was released by the Phoenix New Times, someone screwed up somewhere. The ad reads both Missing persons ( who I have always liked,and who were qute good!!! Dale was great!) and Naked Eyes. It wasn't until the 2nd print ad, that Naked Eyes were removed from the roster.... but only for 3 dates, ( Missing Persons are only on two more dates, those being the last two dates of the tour.)As for Dead or Alive, believe me when I say that my dissapointment was great! and,, I did not allow it to go unnoticed! I e-mailed the promoters several times in a short time frame,basically in a rage! Now, I have been in this business a long time. I don't know how old you are, or what you do for your livelihood, but,as a musician by trade ( who still currently works with artists like The Dresden Dolls, HUMANWINE) I knew I had to get the whole story. Please understand,being a fan, and being ,as some say, "in the biz", are two very different things, and as such , our differing opinion stem from the fact that I have been on 3 sides of that table...the artist,,,the promoter....and, the fan! So, the whole DOA thing was very up-setting for me.So, I decided to go to the source, and see what was,indeed, going on with them. Once I educated myself, by visiting www.deadoralive.net and reading the threads on The Right Stuff, the DOA on-line forum. Once you read the posts ( which are MANY! Twisted Evil ) about how truly horrible things are for Pete Burns right now, it makes a person understand that one must have the right priorities in life, or you will make a mistake, that cannot ever really be fixed. Evil or Very Mad
Now, since you have stated that you knew about Naked Eyes from the very beginning, then ,had you had done a little research, you would have known that is was HIGHLY UNLIKELY that DOA/Pete Burns would have been there. ...not to mention the fact that Naked eyes were a duo, and one of them has passed away.So, what is this about fake line up's? Naked eyes could never be the original line-up,unless you get a shovel and a voodoo doctor!
I feel your frustration...to this day. But, when you truly wrap your mind around the enormity of a tour like this, and the money& time involved with res-surrecting some semblence of a 20( + ) old band, rehearsing them,and paying for all these people,including the huge crew, to tour the nation...then, I can see your point about the gas money....my question is, can you see my point?
As for A flock of Seagulls,as i said in my review, (which are the only reviews that matter....the FANS reviews! Good, or bad.), their set was cut short due to the expected delay in the start of the show. The first night of any tour is 50/50 on everything from timing to merchandise, as we saw on this tour. But,the point is, I have never seen Dead or Alive. I assume you have seen Naked Eyes before.Who lost out more? I collect merchandise, which is quite expensive at any show, and shipping got screwed up, and only 1/3 of it arrived. Was I dissapointed? Hell,yeah! Did it stop me from enjoying the acts that were there? Hell no! The Human League were great...as usual. AFOS played 4 songs! You would have been inconvienced for, what.....25 minutes? What a Face Belind Carlisle,well, I will only say two things about her..1) She was on the bill from the very beginning, so no right for anyone to bitch there. 2) She was went over very well,because she was the "oddball" of the tour.
I understand your anger. I really do. But, your anger should really be placed toward Ticketmaster. Yes, Ticket dumb jerks Master. They have very bizarre policies. A concert ticket is a very unique purchase. It is something that you plan for from ahead,but yet, if, for any reason,you can't make the event , you have very little, if any , remedy. This tour was even more odd (and very un-fair! Exclamation ) for the fact that Ticketmaster felt that, since this tour had a changing line up anyway,they only had to guarantee the performance of the HEADLINER! In this case, it was The Human League.
On a personal note:
You obviously love your music....my music is my life's blood!!! It is my air, food, water, shelter, best friend, lover, and worst enemy. I also feel that you have a lot of passion. You should take that passion and apply it in a more positive and constructive manner. I invite you to join my new forum,Back2The Eighties,( there is a thread on here with a link) and start a thread about your experience, and what a fan can do to see their fav,bands from that era. You can vent there,,,start your own threads...express your ideas toward making sure that the fans have some remedy if the artist they desire to see,is not going to be performing,and they are not the headliner. Seriously,seek out everything about Naked Eyes,any other dates they may be doing, ouytside of the ReGen tour... ( start with www.pollstar.com )what their future plans are, and then share that information, Take your anger and dissapointment, and use it to help you see the band,and to encourage fans to speak out toward TicketMaster, for true refund justice.
Laughing
Now, as Forrest Gump said, "That's all I have to say about that."
on this forum, anyway.
Let's let the reGen fans rejoyce here....not be slammed with too much drama.... Cool No
Marc
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING! Empty I Get It!!!

Post  ejfitman Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 pm

It just wasn't worth the drive at those gas prices to see Human League and ABC play short sets. My feelings will never change about the current line ups of Flock and Missing Persons. Check out the footage from the 1983 US festival...that was The REAL Missing Persons/I've seen them twice since and just sad really how far Dale has fallen and her band is just not 80's cool. As for The Flock who I loved back in the day....WHY didnt Mike keep his brother,Frank and Paul together after that whole Bands Reunited VH1special and few tour dates? I'm just fristrated because I have NEVER seen DOA or Naked Eyes and I've seen close to 500 concerts in my like starting at age 12 till currently at 41. I've seen such rare 80's groups like Reflex,Real Life,Thompson Twins,The Waitresses,Scandal,Madness,Big Country,Haircut 100,Gary Numan,Belouis Some and Frankie Goes to Hollywood!!!! Growing up near NYC had its privleges as some of those groups never played anywhere but NY,LA and Chitown. I do blame Ticketmaster/and I hate wasting $110 but I feel the promoters were also very much to blame and should have had a better Plan B then replacing rare acts with rehashed bands that tour EVERY year. I would probobly never trust this tour again because next year they could announce great acts and end up sending out Tmmy twotone or Greg Khin!!!!!!

ejfitman

Back to top Go down

NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING! Empty Re: NAKED EYES, AND ALL THE BITCHING!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down