REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix show

4 posters

Go down

Phoenix show Empty Phoenix show

Post  ejfitman Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:39 pm

I bought my tickets right away and it seems every week someone is pulling out/THE PHX show was advertised as having DOA and Naked Eyes...now neither is coming???? Missing Persons with only Dale Bozzio is a LAME replacement for 2 bands that have rarely toured in the US and this tour used as selling points! I feel very cheated and want a refund....Mpersons are horrible now saw them a year ago and she cant even remember her lines anymore....what is up? How do you get refund for false advertising?

ejfitman

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty Phoenix Lineup

Post  Admin Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 pm

The bill for Phoenix when the show was booked was The Human League, ABC, Belinda Carlisle, Dead or Alive, Missing Persons. Naked Eyes were never scheduled for this show. With Dead or Alive having to pull out they have been replaced with A Flock of Seagulls on this show as well as Las Vegas and Saratoga. The promoters in Los Angeles, San Diego and Salt Lake prefered to not have a replacement on their shows.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty reply

Post  ejfitman Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Admin wrote:The bill for Phoenix when the show was booked was The Human League, ABC, Belinda Carlisle, Dead or Alive, Missing Persons. Naked Eyes were never scheduled for this show. With Dead or Alive having to pull out they have been replaced with A Flock of Seagulls on this show as well as Las Vegas and Saratoga. The promoters in Los Angeles, San Diego and Salt Lake prefered to not have a replacement on their shows.
I have a saved email from your company telling me that NAKED EYES WAS on the Phx show...whay would a group do the whole tour but 1 show...makes NO sense/I as well as others will too are getting jobbed hard in PHX!!!!! MP and FOA current lineups are terrible

ejfitman

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty Naked Eyes

Post  Admin Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:47 am

ejfitman wrote:
Admin wrote:The bill for Phoenix when the show was booked was The Human League, ABC, Belinda Carlisle, Dead or Alive, Missing Persons. Naked Eyes were never scheduled for this show. With Dead or Alive having to pull out they have been replaced with A Flock of Seagulls on this show as well as Las Vegas and Saratoga. The promoters in Los Angeles, San Diego and Salt Lake prefered to not have a replacement on their shows.
I have a saved email from your company telling me that NAKED EYES WAS on the Phx show...whay would a group do the whole tour but 1 show...makes NO sense/I as well as others will too are getting jobbed hard in PHX!!!!! MP and FOA current lineups are terrible

Not sure who you are or what email you may have but that is certainly a mistake when you were told NE were on the show. Most venues have a time limit, either through a city imposed curfew (usually on outdoor venues) or by the stagehand's union which usually has a standard 3 hour call and then charges significant extra amounts for each additional overtime hour. With a 5 band show it runs 3:45 if all runs smoothly so we are already into the 1st extra hour. The promoter in Phoenix, Live Nation Phoenix, did not want to buy the show with Naked Eyes on it, they were willing to buy the show when I suggested adding Missing Persons for the bill but the show had to remain at 5 bands due to union charges, the union cost of adding Naked Eyes would have been more than what the band would get paid and it just was not worth it so being the 1st show of the tour it was easy to say to Naked Eyes just start in Las Vegas.

Listen - Everyone has their opinion of what lineup they prefer..... some people are exstatic to have AFOS added to the shows where possible others not so, some people have begged to have Missing Persons added to their shows, others are not so eager to see them.... you can't make everyone happy! Some people love the current AFOS band, others prefer the old band.... again, it is a miracle if you satisfy each and every person. All we can do is try our best!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty Phoenix Show

Post  Phoenix Rising Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:14 am

[b] Evil or Very Mad I have the first print ad, printed by the Phoenix New Times, which is owned by the Village Voice. The ad clearly lists the following:
the Human League
Naked Eyes
Missing Persons
Dead or Alive
ABC
Belinda Carlisle
There has been MUCH confusion about this show. Even the venue (the Dodge Theatre) were confused and very upset when this confusion was called to their attention. When i found out that Dead or Alive ( which was supposed to be Pete Burns, not DOA proper) were not doing the tour,and then Naked Eyes were not going to be there, I had enough. I did refund my tickets. It was not easy,but, now that the line-up has officially been changed, you can have your tickets refunded. If you encounter any problems, contact the Dodge Theatre.
Now, having said that, The Human League, who are supposed to be the headliners, are a very good band, and are quite good live. I saw them in St. Louis about 5-6 years ago. I may still go to the show, seeing as it was to be a birthday present for me (Birthday is August 9) So, if you like the other artists that will be there, by all means, go to the show.Even with the confusion and the constant change of line up,this is a cool tour. The promoters just need to get their act together. The venue change in Salt Lake City, and the confusion in Phoenix will hopefully show the promoters that a tour like this must have all of it's "ducks in a row" if they intend to do another ReGen tour next year. As for Dead or Alive,( the reason I was going), it is sad, but not un-expected that Pete Burns had to cancel. Let's all wish him a speedy recovery, and hope that he will soon grace the stages of America again soon. ....some people were going to ease their disapointment about not seeing DOA by going to see Boy George, but now the federal Government are acting like Nazi's, and have denied Boy George a work visa, so all of his U.S. dates were cancelled. Not very fair to those of us who wanted to see him! I am glad that the promoters for the ReGen tour have created this forum. It was necessary. Now, perhaps, they will see how music fans and ticket buyers feel when they feel they have been taken for a ride. Twisted Evil
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty Re: Phoenix show

Post  The Boiled Being Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Its not the fault of the promoters if some of the more flaky bands drop out. It was a gamble booking DOA in the first place.

The bottom line is that ABC and The Human League are still going and they could play the entire gig on their own. In fact they are touring together in Europe in December doing just that. They are proper stadium bands not retro novelty acts like AFOS and DOA. You are very lucky to get to see them in the US together.

The Human League headlined London's 'Lovebox Festival' (to a crowd of 25000) last weekend and went down a storm with the audience most of whom were in their 20s. They have been on UK National TV twice in a week saying how much they are looking forward to this tour. I would go and get another ticket quick you might not ever get a chance to see them again.
The Boiled Being
The Boiled Being

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:13 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:[b] Evil or Very Mad I have the first print ad, printed by the Phoenix New Times, which is owned by the Village Voice. The ad clearly lists the following:
the Human League
Naked Eyes
Missing Persons
Dead or Alive
ABC
Belinda Carlisle

Well as you can see that adds up to 6 bands..... there are no shows on the tour with 6 bands. The promoter in Phoenix is LIVE NATION PHOENIX and it was their confusion and their advertising, nothing that came out of this office. I'm looking right at the contract that we sent them April 18 for their show and it clearly states the bill as THL, BC, ABC, MP, DOA .... Naked Eyes are NOT listed on the contract that Live Nation were sent upon confirmation of the show. Squawk if you will, but do it to them please! Nobody has "been taken for a ride", there is no conspiracy here, no intent to defraud the consumer, I think you are making way too big a deal out of a simple advertising error that the local promoter made and really, it is ONLY a concert, not a mistake made during open heart surgery, so.... you won't get to see DOA, Pete was very ill and is at best unreliable to start! So you won't get to see Naked Eyes, they were NEVER on the show! BUT like you said The Human League ARE very good and all the other acts, even if they are not your favorites, theey're better than Journey or Huey Lewis or REO Speedwagon or Corey Hart, LOL! If you are going to go to see The Human League I really hope you can allow yourself to enjoy all the other acts on the bill as well. GO HAVE FUN!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty phoenix show

Post  Phoenix Rising Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:34 pm

[b] cyclops I understand your point, as i have been in the music business for a long time. However, never under-estimate the powerful effect that music has on people. Especially nostalgic music, who take people back to a time when they were younger, and life was still full of wonder...one's first kiss in high school,while Howard Jones sang "What Is Love" in the background. Or, discovering you are gay or lesbian, having to live in the closet,yet vicariously through gender benders like the Eurythmics, Boy George, and Dead or Alive. Things happen. And, as I have stated, Bands like The Human League, who I have seen and enjoyed, are very good, especially when Phil Oakley will be the first to tell you that they did not start out as a live act, and that they have worked very hard to become a good live act...and they are! So, those of you here in Phoenix who are going to the show,have a great time! Seeing The Human League live is, in and of itself, a very cool thing, as they have been through hard times, and have had to work even harder to stay together. They are very good live, and will not dissapoint! Very Happy Yet, I feel it is important to remember that, in today's economy, when people have to be picky as to what they spend their entertainment budget on, they must feel that when they buy something like a concert ticket, which is more than just a concert. It takes a decent amount of money ( tickets, parking,gas, getting the night off of work, if necessary, merchandise,food, etc) and some planning to go to a concert. When one does all it takes to go to a show,and then the line-up changes, and, perhaps the artist that made one buy their ticket cancels,( or the whole show is cancelled, as has happened to me many times...Stevie Nicks did it twice in St. Louis) it is not only disapointing, but,sometimes,a loss on the part of the ticket holder,as Ticketmaster can be very difficult to deal with when it comes to refunds. Now, as for myself, I am an avid concert go-er, and spend alot of money @ a concert.To me, they are much more than "just concerts". They are moments in time that cannot be repeated. You have shown me that you know this as well, per your comment about seeing The Human League, lest I ever have another chance to do so. What a Face There are also questions about what kind of merchandise will be available at the shows. Pwerhaps I will start a new thread, so maybe someone will address this question. Most importantly...to everyone who has tickets to the Phoenix show.....KEEP THEM! GO ROCK THE NIGHT WITH THE COOL BANDS THAT WILL BE THERE!!! DON'T MISS THE HUMAN LEAGUE!!!...and Missing Persons....how cool they are! Cool
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty Hope to see you there dancing your ass off Friday!

Post  Admin Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:55 pm

I'll be flying in to AZ Friday and hope to see all of you in Phoenix dancing your asses off all night at the Dodge!

Cheers,
Rick
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty phoenix show

Post  Phoenix Rising Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:01 pm

[b] Crying or Very sad I asked Al about getting an all-access pass, since this show is to be my birthday celebration. He never got back to me. Probably angry at me, but,I still await his response.Could you look into that for me, Rick? Marc , Phoenix cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty Ticketmaster would give NO refund

Post  ejfitman Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:03 pm

Well as I noted earlier in the month/this show didn't have the bands advertised and as recently as thursday of this week publications listed Naked Eyes as being there! I tried on 2 occassions to get refund but was not granted. I tried to sell half price on Phoenix and Tucson Craigslist pages and no one wanted. So I got stuck losing $110 on 2 tickets. I love 80's music and have seen Human League/ABC but the lower tier groups who rarely ever toured the US...ie. DOA and NEyes were advertised and yanked!!! I do feel robbed because no matter what any of you say FOS and MP are horrible now and lame replacements/this experience will keep me from ever attending another tour from this group. They should actually do the right thing and refund my money! I was really looking forward to this and have learned a lesson the hard way????? tongue

ejfitman

Back to top Go down

Phoenix show Empty Refund

Post  Phoenix Rising Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:10 pm

I understand how you feel, but, after seeing the show, you are selling this tour short. It has always been common knowledge that this tour would have a revolving line-up. DOA were only o n the first half of the tour, anyway,with AFOS re-placing them mid-tour. This realy is an amazing show, and, for you not to go is doing yourself a great injustice. Calm down. Go to the show, and enjoy!!!! You will have no regrets.( Naked eyes are on the t-shirt.)
When a large tour like this goes on the road, with bands from 20+ yeard ago, things happen that are out of everyone's control. Do you think that I, as a big Missing Persons fan, was happy that their set was cut short? No,but, with time constraints and other acts to perform, what happends,well, happends.
cyclops cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down