REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which dates are you going to?

3 posters

Go down

which dates are you going to? Empty which dates are you going to?

Post  Sara Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:34 pm

I will definitely be at the Raleigh (technically Cary) NC show 8/27 (2nd row!), but since I'll be in Atlanta that weekend I'm thinking of also attending the gig at Chastain. Never enough Human League or ABC in my opinion! I've heard horrible things from friends about Chastain and their venue set-up, which is what made my choice for picking Raleigh as my definite venue. I'm 3 hours away from either venue, so it didn't matter travel-wise. Lawn tickets aren't horribly priced, and I mostly want to dance & sing along anyway, and I can have enough room on the lawn.

Anyone else going to more than one gig?

Sara

Back to top Go down

which dates are you going to? Empty Dates I am attending

Post  Phoenix Rising Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:31 pm

I am attending The opening night of the tour, in Phoenix, Az cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

which dates are you going to? Empty Re: which dates are you going to?

Post  electrico73 Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Sara wrote:I've heard horrible things from friends about Chastain and their venue set-up

What you have heard about Chastain Park in Atlanta? I'm driving up there from Miami to see the show. I noticed when I bought tickets I wasn't able to get floor because they have tables there (??). Do you know if they are strict on cameras?
Any info is appreciated.

electrico73

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:16 pm

A friend of mine saw Elvis Costello a few years ago at Chastain... told me about how lawn tickets have a blocked view due to tables near the front of the stage. There is a small open area right at the front, standing-only (which I think most people are okay with, since I know I'll be dancing!), but at the same time you get to overhear the loud conversation of people at the tables.

Here is a link from a Morrissey fan site with opinions on Chastain as a live venue. Morrissey himself hated the venue so much he ended up adding an extra live date for Atlanta at a different venue near the end of his tour to make up for the bad experience.

http://tour.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=07/07/19/1549258

I may still be going to Chastain just for HL & ABC, but I am definitely happy I got my 2nd row tix for Cary NC. It's worth it for me to drive the extra hour for a good view.

Sara

Back to top Go down

which dates are you going to? Empty Chastain Park

Post  electrico73 Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up Sara. It was painful just reading about the place. I hope the bands do not hate the venue and cut their sets short. All I know is those season ticket holding picnic people better get out of my way. affraid

electrico73

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down