REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BERLIN 2009 TOUR

Go down

BERLIN 2009 TOUR Empty BERLIN 2009 TOUR

Post  VegasDJ Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Interesting how history repeats itself.

Last year in Las Vegas, at least for me, the second-to-last act, ABC, put on a better show than the headliner, The Human League. The Human League still put on a great show, and I was glad to have seen them, and I admit, ABC is my favorite eighties act, and they have been since 1982 when I first heard them on KROQ-FM while I grew up in Pasadena, California. I bought my copy of Lexicon of Love at Moby Disc on Colorado Boulevard in 1983, and from then on proceeded to purchase everything I could find of theirs, including seven different 12" single mixes of "(How To Be A) Millionaire" from the much-maligned album, "How To Be A... Zillionaire!" So, my opinion may have been tainted. They were only reason I went to the show, after all.

In 2009, disappointed that there was no Regeneration Tour date scheduled for Las Vegas, my home for the past 14 years, I bought tickets for the L.A. show (days before the Las Vegas show was posted). Déja vu! The second-to-last act again put on a better show than the headliner! Berlin was amazing! Terri Nunn's voice is still incredible, and she still looked as good as she did in 1982 at Hollywood clubs. Her powerful rendition of "Somebody To Love" was incredible. Even though Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" mixes into many songs very easily, it blew me away when Berlin mixed it into "The Metro". I'm rellay looking forward to buying a copy of Berlin's latest CD, which Terri said came out the day before the L.A. stop of the Regeneration Tour.

Don't get me wrong, ABC was still amazing, and at 50 years old, Martin Fry still holds his own better than most. The following day, before attending the Duran Duran concert at the Pearl inside the Palms Resort, I was still considering getting tickets to the Las Vegas Regeneration Tour, just to see ABC again. I would have, but my household/family logistics precluded me from it.

Looking forward to 2010, Rick!

Terry Sackett,
Las Vegas, USA

VegasDJ

Back to top Go down