REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail...

+2
Admin
OrioleGirl
6 posters

Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail...

Post  OrioleGirl Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm

http://www.mountwashingtonvalley.com/

Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons has been sentenced today to 30 days in jail for animal cruelty in New Hampshire.

Questions: Will this sentence start after the tour ends? Will it affect any of the tour dates?

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Dale Bozzio

Post  Admin Wed May 27, 2009 7:41 pm

OrioleGirl wrote:http://www.mountwashingtonvalley.com/

Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons has been sentenced today to 30 days in jail for animal cruelty in New Hampshire.

Questions: Will this sentence start after the tour ends? Will it affect any of the tour dates?

From what I'm told this will not affect the dates on the Regeneration Tour.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Thanks...

Post  OrioleGirl Wed May 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Great to hear this, Rick.

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Re: Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail...

Post  murph Thu May 28, 2009 9:21 am

Quite a year huh, Rick............

murph

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Quite a year

Post  Admin Thu May 28, 2009 12:08 pm

murph wrote:Quite a year huh, Rick............
Starting to remember now why I quit being an agent in 1988!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty And also....

Post  OrioleGirl Thu May 28, 2009 1:34 pm

You know what, Rick? Sometimes several things that happen are beyond your control... there are so many acts, with so many different personalities within an act - plus their agents, staffers, etc. - that there are a million things that could go wrong (and sometimes they do), but the fact is that there are always certain emergencies that will occur or take precedent before anyhting else.

We all hope & pray that the lineup stays the way it is and that the month-long concert goes through without a hitch. I'm certain that it will be a success. But, anything could happen - someone could get sick, or have to attend to a family member, etc. I think that all of us as fans must remember this and realize that these acts are human too, with problems of their own. It's been quite a challenging year for you, Rick, but kudos goes to your line of thinking and your efforts. We are looking forward to this event.

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Re: Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail...

Post  murph Sat May 30, 2009 9:39 am

Hey Rick-was it more challlenging back then when these amazing bands had labels, radio etc behind them or now?

murph

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Challenging

Post  Admin Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:58 pm

murph wrote:Hey Rick-was it more challlenging back then when these amazing bands had labels, radio etc behind them or now?

With out a doubt it is more difficult these days to convince promoters/venues that this is viable. It was much easier when there was a buzz and a big promotional team from the label behind the bands in the 80's and the support of MTV, etc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Nationals Park

Post  Admin Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:22 pm

OrioleGirl wrote:You know what, Rick? Sometimes several things that happen are beyond your control... there are so many acts, with so many different personalities within an act - plus their agents, staffers, etc. - that there are a million things that could go wrong (and sometimes they do), but the fact is that there are always certain emergencies that will occur or take precedent before anyhting else.

We all hope & pray that the lineup stays the way it is and that the month-long concert goes through without a hitch. I'm certain that it will be a success. But, anything could happen - someone could get sick, or have to attend to a family member, etc. I think that all of us as fans must remember this and realize that these acts are human too, with problems of their own. It's been quite a challenging year for you, Rick, but kudos goes to your line of thinking and your efforts. We are looking forward to this event.

Came down to DC on Memorial Day weekend to see the new stadium for the Washington Nationals. They were playing the Orioles. Really nice park! Been to 26 of the 30 MLB stadiums and it is among the nicest. Hitting 2 more in July then 2 to go - Denver and Phoenix.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  davidk Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 pm

Is missing persons Doing the full tour this year ??

davidk

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Full tour?

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 pm

davidk wrote:Is missing persons Doing the full tour this year ??

No, Missing Persons are doing Detroit, Toronto, Salt Lake city and Las Vegas only!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  davidk Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Admin wrote:
davidk wrote:Is missing persons Doing the full tour this year ??

No, Missing Persons are doing Detroit, Toronto, Salt Lake city and Las Vegas only!

Thanks for the Info Very Happy

davidk

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Hey Rick...

Post  OrioleGirl Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Rick, I have not yet been to the new Nationals Stadium, but we intend to visit it in August. I was invited to a Nats - Red Sox game on 6/24, but that's the same night as Regeneration Tour at Wolf Trap, so it's obvious that I'm going to the concert instead.

As per your reply to another poster above, if Missing Persons is only scheduled to play 4 venues, will they be replaced by another band at the other venues or are the existing acts going to prolong/elongate their sets?

Have a great week!

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Missing Persons

Post  Admin Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm

OrioleGirl wrote:Rick, I have not yet been to the new Nationals Stadium, but we intend to visit it in August. I was invited to a Nats - Red Sox game on 6/24, but that's the same night as Regeneration Tour at Wolf Trap, so it's obvious that I'm going to the concert instead.

As per your reply to another poster above, if Missing Persons is only scheduled to play 4 venues, will they be replaced by another band at the other venues or are the existing acts going to prolong/elongate their sets?

Have a great week!

Missing Persons were only added to the shows where the loss of H17 left us with 3 bands (Boston is the exception, they asked to stay with 3 bands). I would imagine that some of the band's, ABC in particular, will expand their set a little bit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OrioleGirl Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Sweeeeeeeeet! Thank you!

Two weeks and two days & counting 'til Wolf Trap! Yee-ha!

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Re: Dale Bozzio

Post  mcqued01 Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Rick:

Unbelievable to hear about Dale Bozzio's upcoming jail sentence. By now you must have pulled all your hair out & are simply left counting the days to the start of this tour hoping nothing else will go wrong!! You have had a lot of bad luck this year but all of us appreciate your perseverance in putting this tour together!!!
Only a couple of weeks left until the Detroit show (we cannot wait!!!)
Thanks again for all of your efforts in setting everything up (and having to re-do much of your own work due to unforeseen circumstances).
Those of us who love this era of music really owe you a debt of gratitude my friend!!!

Cheers to you!!

Daryld

mcqued01

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty Missing Persons

Post  KirstenLK Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Gotta say I like Missing Persons & hoped at first they were to be added on here in VA also...but...UGH! Animal cruelty--what a loser!!! Guess I'm glad to miss Dale & co. after all! Hope he changes his ways after doing time... Shame! Sad

KirstenLK

Back to top Go down

Dale Bozzio sentenced to 30 days in jail... Empty About Dale Bozzio...

Post  OrioleGirl Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Kristen, before you render judgment on Dale Bozzio, may I advise you to please read the below article and interview that she had with a Phoenix newspaper the day that her sentencing was stated by the judge in New Hampshire. Please read this article carefully and closely. It is imporatnt to realize and learn of what were Dale's thoughts and behavior(s) in years and decades past towards animals. This article will help clear a lot of misconceptions:

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/84058-Dale-Bozzio-sentenced-to-jail/

OrioleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  KirstenLK Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:33 pm

Yes, OrioleGirl, I've read many of the articles describing the case. This is actually the most thorough piece I found:

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/81321-Dale-Bozzios-life-is-so-strange/?page=1#TOPCONTENT

It's a very tragic story, and I realize there was no intentional abuse, but there is also no excuse for such a degree of neglect. Neglect of animals, just like children, is still abuse & serious. While she seems to have a good heart, she--like animal hoarders--lacks good judgment & caused horrific suffering by not carefully monitoring her caretaker and having back-up care in place in case of a problem (esp. with SO many cats). To me, it's no different than leaving your child with an unreliable 'friend' & not following up for months. Mad

KirstenLK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down