REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US

+16
batmanusdmychina
AFOS_RULES
rickbear
gogoboy
raytrade
mccuen@carolina.rr.com
mcqued01
thompsontwin
Sara
Louden Swain
DanO
Mullet
davidk
nojarama
Phoenix Rising
Admin
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quick poll - who should replace Go West on REGENERATION 2009?

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_lcap59%UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 59% 
[ 16 ]
UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 Empty MEN WITHOUT HATS CONFIRMED!

Post  Admin Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Just got off the phone with MWOH's manager and we are now confirmed for MEN WITHOUT HATS to be on the 2009 REGENERATION TOUR!UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 B0000010
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 Empty reg tours acts 2009

Post  A Fifth Column Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:46 am

I agree wth most fans here that the tours needs to continue in the NEW WAVE genre roster of music. Ultravox would be ideal ..they are now geting ready to reunite to tour europe only. Also OMD is touring too...two great live acts. Again not sure about MWOH being realy only known for that one dance hit and Heaven 17 not nearly as popular here in the US as their old band mates Human League. Simple Minds, Echo, Sussiuxe and Banshees,
Also the promotes need to get the word out further and in advance......there is an audience waiting to get a night to relive those terrific infectous 80's grooves that came and went too fast. The Boston show was a blast last summer !!!!
Joseph H
A Fifth Column

A Fifth Column

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 Empty A GOOD POINT, YOU HAVE MADE

Post  Phoenix Rising Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:30 am

cyclops I have to say, that you have made a very good and important point. A tour like this, with so many artists,but, is not a very long tour by any means, needs more promotion,and that promotion should start much earlier. Promotion for the 2009 show really should have started this last winter. But, Rick and Red Entertainment have only one year of experience to go by with this particular tour. If we, the fans help get the word out,that would be a great help as well!

Print promotion should start sooner as well. Solidifying the line-up earlier...that type of thing..would help sell tickets....
cyclops
.......PLEASE COME TO PHOENIX!!!
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 Empty Thrill Kill Kult?

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:05 pm

cyclops What about My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult? They would be a great and odd addition to the Regeneration Tour ...probably too late this year...but, for the future..
I have seen TKK many times,...they are great live!!! cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 Empty Lisa Lisa

Post  Phoenix Rising Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:35 pm

cyclops What about Lisa Lisa for the club tour this fall? She was quite popular here, and would be fun to see... cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US

Post  m36 Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 pm

I would be happy with any of the bands mentioned (Lisa Lisa would be great), what about a JAM reunion? Paul Weller is still performing solo and he is so fantastic or Bryan Ferry. Dear god I'd travel anywhere to see Bryan Ferry perform.

Also what about The Fixx? They came here a few years ago and they were GREAT live. Still have most of the original members and everything, we had a blast seeing them and hearing those old songs.
cat
m36
m36

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE - GO WEST WILL NOT BE JOINING US

Post  Admin Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Roxy, if they were to reform again, would be too expensive for this tour. Paul Weller refuses to ever consider a Jam reunion, I represent Bruce Foxton and rick buckler, the remaining 2/3rd's of the band as FROM THE JAM and they were scheduled to tour this past Sept./Oct. but it was postponed as there was a delay in the release of their live concert DVD, A First Class Return, which will be released this spring in the U.S. The dates were rescheduled for late March/early april but there is a severe illness in one of their families and they decided it is not the right time to leave the U.K. to tour. Hopefully we'll see them later in the year.

The Fixx toured here this past summer with The Alarm and English Beat and have plans for a tour of their own starting June 4th in the U.S. according to singer Cy Curnin, they are with another agency these days but I am booking a couple weeks of solo dates for Cy prior to The Fixx tour. Those will start May 15 or thereabout and will be a semi-acoustic trio performing his new solo material (new CD out April?) and re-workings of some of The Fixx hits.

Rick

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Post  m36 Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Admin wrote:Roxy, if they were to reform again, would be too expensive for this tour. Paul Weller refuses to ever consider a Jam reunion, I represent Bruce Foxton and rick buckler, the remaining 2/3rd's of the band as FROM THE JAM and they were scheduled to tour this past Sept./Oct. but it was postponed as there was a delay in the release of their live concert DVD, A First Class Return, which will be released this spring in the U.S. The dates were rescheduled for late March/early april but there is a severe illness in one of their families and they decided it is not the right time to leave the U.K. to tour. Hopefully we'll see them later in the year.

The Fixx toured here this past summer with The Alarm and English Beat and have plans for a tour of their own starting June 4th in the U.S. according to singer Cy Curnin, they are with another agency these days but I am booking a couple weeks of solo dates for Cy prior to The Fixx tour. Those will start May 15 or thereabout and will be a semi-acoustic trio performing his new solo material (new CD out April?) and re-workings of some of The Fixx hits.

Rick

Yes I have heard here and there that Paul is totally against anything JAM. That is just too bad. Geniuses can be so difficult sometimes. Wink
I would LOVE to see FROM THE JAM at some point in 2009, I wonder if they will ever play Atlanta or Nashville?

That is fantastic news about The Fixx. I wish I could have seen them with The Alarm and The English Beat (WOW did I wear out my tapes of them back in the day). I hope they tour in the South East. I'll have to check out their web site.

Thanks for the information you are a great resource!
m36
m36

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2