REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are you Vegas?

3 posters

Go down

Where are you Vegas? Empty Where are you Vegas?

Post  TBone Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Vegas? Where are you? Show was last night, and I haven't seen a review yet. Sounds like the PHX show was good, despite some glitches, and I want to see if things progressed and improved for the second show. Let us know!
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down

Where are you Vegas? Empty hello

Post  megaseven Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Vegas show was great...missed naked eyes....flock of seagulls kinda sucked.....ABC was great....great band...they also backed belinda carslie...and she was great...human league were awesome!!!!!

megaseven

Back to top Go down

Where are you Vegas? Empty Loved It

Post  JoeH Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 pm

Okay. Disclaimer--this was the first time I've ever seen any of these bands. I was saddened that it didn't seem like there were many people there. A co-worker of mine had won tickets and left after Flock of Seagulls--big mistake.

Anyway, here's my "review":

Naked Eyes opened (wisely I thought) with Always Something There to Remind Me and closed (again wisely) with Promises Promises. I think they may have played 3 songs in between. Their singer was pretty charismatic but suffered from nobody knowing any of the other 3 songs and being the first band on stage.

Flock of Seagulls seemed a bit flustered by some sort of technical difficulties. Their lead singer isn't really a showman either. They played 5 songs too I think, including Ran, Spaceage Love Song, and a couple others that I recognized. I definitely wish that Dead or Alive didn't have to cancel.

ABC was AWESOME. Martin Fry (name of the lead singer I think?) still has a great voice and puts on a good show. Not sure how many songs they played, but I believe it was more than 5? They played all their hits and sounded great. The crowd finally stood up during most of their performance.

Belinda was very good. I am not a huge fan of hers, but she put on a good show. She too has an excellent voice.

Human League was GREAT. They were the only band that had any extra visual aids so to speak--5 or 6 video screens behind them. Phil Oakey and the gals (don't know their names) are good performers and still have their voices. The encore was a song I'd never heard, but I guess was Together in Electric Dreams. The only song I wish they had played was Louise, but I realize that song isn't really a song that would get a crowd moving.

I'm terrible at remembering set lists, but if you have any questions, I'll try to answer as best I can.

JoeH

Back to top Go down

Where are you Vegas? Empty Re: Where are you Vegas?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down