REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats

+5
m36
jpw2525
Phoenix Rising
mcqued01
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats

Post  Admin Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Hello Everybody,

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Men Without Hats will not be joining the Regeneration tour this year . We would like to thank you very much for your continued support and for helping us land the gig in the first place. Hopefully we will be able to rectify the situation and see you all in the very near future .

Until then , have fun & keep dancing
Ivan Doroschuk
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://regenerationtour.com

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty The curse of the 4th band....

Post  Admin Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:24 pm

The curse of the 4th band on the Regen bill strikes again! As it went in 2008 with D.O.A. so it goes in 2009! As you can see above, the dispute between Ivan and Stefan has not been settled and Men Without Hats will not be touring for the foreseeable future. I'm back on the case again, checking all the options and hope to have a replacement by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. So far :
a) the money doesn't work for Paul Young
b) Kajagoogoo are working their figures to see
c) Cutting Crew seem eager and willing.

Rick
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty Re: The Curse of the 4th Band!!!

Post  mcqued01 Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Rick:

I think its safe to say that we are all a bit disappointed to hear that MWH will not be joining the tour this year!!! It's really too bad that they seem not to have been able to work out all the family "stuff" going on behind the scenes. They would have made a great addition to the tour line-up.

However, as I have mentioned before on an earlier post (& which was also agreed upon by several other "regulars" to this site) it would be great to see Kajagoogoo play with the tour this summer. Hopefully things will work out with getting them onboard!!!

Also, I think we are all wondering about Berlin (are they definitely out??) & what may become of the 5th slot in the lineup (are there plans to add a 5th act as well--or to go with 4 bands this time out???)

Regards,

Daryld

mcqued01

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty Re: Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats

Post  Admin Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Daryld,
I would not hold my breath on Kajagoogoo for this tour, I get the feeling from speaking with their management that the money is not going to work for them either. Unfortunately all the deals with the promoters are done and there is only a set amount of money to work with. I've got a 99% on cutting Crew right now and by tomorrow we'll know who the 4th act will be.

For more than 1/2 the dates we are going with just the 4 band bill, ABC-Wang Chung-H17-4th band. I'm hoping Berlin will confirm today for 6-8 shows as well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty REPLACEMENT FOR MWH

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:47 pm

cyclops Well, I must say that this does not surprise me, however, I am glad that Ivan had the respect to see it before the show hit the road.
It would have ben a real treat to see MWH. Yet, the show must go on, and, even though it looks like Cutting Crew will be in the 4th slot, I still vote for T'Pau.
I have always been a huge T'Pau fan, and never got the chance to see them back in the day.ole thing Either band would be a good addition to the tour, but,T'Pau would be great.
What's going on with Berlin?
If they don't do the tour,let ABC headline the whole thing, and add T'Pau and Cutting Crew!
cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

http://www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty Re: Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats

Post  jpw2525 Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks for all your hard work Rick!

I will miss MWH as they would have been a great addition to the tour without a doubt. Too bad on Paul Young as well but hopefully he can be added at a higher slot on a future tour. I am probably with the majority in wanting Kagagoogoo, but cutting Crew will be cool as well.

As with Berlin, Terri is a great performer and deserves much respect. though, it seems the majority of the interest to see Berlin is in the Mid West or East Coast where Berlin do not play as much. Personally speaking, and probably because I have seen Berlin a handful of times, I would rather have a four piece on the west coast and hear an extra song or two from the others.

Best of luck!

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty 5th Slot Alternatives

Post  jpw2525 Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 pm

If for some reason Berlin does not work out, The Motels or Romeo Void might be good west coast replacements. Like Berlin, both with original singer only. Wire Train would be my first regional pick for 5th slot but they have not played in years.

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty 5TH SPOT

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Neutral The Motels would rock!!! That is a great idea! It might be too late for this tour, but maybe the club tour in the fall.
If it is possible for this tour,they would be a fantastic addition...... cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty Motels

Post  Admin Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:42 pm

I checked with my promoter in NY about the Motels a few weeks ago when Berlin had a Florida corporate date (since cancelled as many corporate events are in this economic climate) that was in the way of doing the NY show, and they were not interested in the Motels. To me they seem like a decent choice but obviously not the draw of Berlin. If I can't sell it to them in NY with the Motels, it won't work on the tour for me.

Rick
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty taste?

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:45 pm

cyclops That promoter has no taste! lolol The Motels rock! True, Berlin has a much bigger draw,but, The Motels have some great tunes, and didn't ( and don't) tour much....
Maybe for the club tour?????
Any idea how much longer until we get dates? ( let's all pray for a Phoenix date....) cyclops
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty Dates

Post  Admin Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm ready to announce about 1/2 the dates as soon as Berlin confirm. They're giving me a real headache the last 30 hours or so! Unfortunatley at this point there is no AZ date, once I get the package reset I will go back and try again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty Sadness

Post  Phoenix Rising Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:50 pm

affraid no AZ date.....
pale Mad Sad Shocked affraid Rolling Eyes Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad affraid affraid affraid affraid
Phoenix Rising
Phoenix Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  m36 Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 pm

I agree on The Motels, they would be great to see. What a shame that they won't be on this tour. I would also like to say that I feel very blessed to even be asking about bands from the 80's on tour at all. They could have all very well been forgotten in the US (we LOVE to forget). I am glad that the old fans are still out there going to shows and that there are new fans and new interest to sell these tickets.

I am so happy that this tour exsists at all.

Now more questions, what about The Finn brothers from Split Enz? Are they too expensive or just out of touring all together? They had /have a bunch of great songs. I still buy Neil's solo stuff.

Also what about Talk Talk? Are they even on the radar?

Thanks for everything you do!
m36
m36

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty No Dancing :(

Post  teal Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Admin wrote:Hello Everybody,

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Men Without Hats will not be joining the Regeneration tour this year . We would like to thank you very much for your continued support and for helping us land the gig in the first place. Hopefully we will be able to rectify the situation and see you all in the very near future .

Until then , have fun & keep dancing
Ivan Doroschuk

This totally SUCKS!!
But I understand why you decided to put off joining this tour . I only hope and pray that this does not mean that you have given up completely on touring again You are a very talented man and I KNOW you still have a lot of FIGHT left in you..Ivan... Do not let S win ... Evil or Very Mad

teal

http://www.katteal123/myspace.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teal Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:39 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:cyclops Well, I must say that this does not surprise me, however, I am glad that Ivan had the respect to see it before the show hit the road.

cyclops

I agree !! Ivan has always been a stand up guy and is always the professional I am very sad that he will not be touring Sad
And Rick... You ,Sir went above and beyond the call of duty! You worked very very hard to to to get this show on the road...

teal

http://www.katteal123/myspace.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Too bad about MWH... and too bad about Paul Young and Kajagoogoo, but Rick, you certainly have gone above and beyond in keeping us informed about what's going on, and I appreciate it. This tour is going to be awesome no matter what, and fingers crossed the next band announced will be the official FINAL lineup for this year. Very Happy

Bring on the Southeast dates! bounce

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post  J & J Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:15 pm

I would love to see the Motels on this tour. They would be a great addition.
"Tragic Surf" was a great song.

What, no F.O.S. plug yet ?

J & J

Back to top Go down

Statement from IVAN of Men Without Hats Empty fghfgh

Post  chanelbags177 Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:22 am

cheap designer bags Beautiful and good
cheap designer handbags New sale
air max 90 Beautiful and nice new models
nike shox r4 The beautiful and nice new online sales
super street shoes Online low-cost wholesale
mario shoesBoys can also
air max tn Online sell at a
cheap puma shoes Beautiful
cheap gucci shoes good
gucci shoes cheap Teacher's design new

chanelbags177

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down