REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review

Go down

Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Empty Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review

Post  TBone Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:26 pm

8/7/2008

A spectacular evening, and even better than I thought it would be. Though the bartender said, early on, that he didn't think the crowd was really into the show (this was right after ABC ended), I could not agree. Energy level was high, not only from the performers, but also from the enthusiastic audience.

My friend and I have seen Naked Eyes and ABC a few times in the past number of years, and I would have to concur that this was the best performances I've witnessed. Really one of the better shows I've ever been to.

ABC was fantastic. Martin Frye really had the audience in his hands (as did all the bands really), playing along with the crowd. A consumate performer all the way.

The highlight though was The Human League. It didn't matter to me that it wasn't original band members (other than Oakley, Joanne Catherall and Susan Ann Sulley)...the musicians on stage, especially the female guitarist, really took it as their own. Amazing.

As for the venue, The Depot, it was a wise choice. Not only was the original location, Usana Amphitheatre, going to be to large for this show (it "seats" around 15,000), but The Depot did make the show far more intimate, creating a connection between the audience and the performers, something that would not have happened at Usana.

Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Depot

No, that is not me in the white shirt!

My only complaint for this show? No XXL sized shirts, and I was ready to buy.

Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Tshirts1
Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Tshirts2
Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Cds

The set lists really were the hits that you remember!

Naked Eyes: (this list may not be in perfect correct order....we weren't all that ready!)
1. Always Something There to Remind Me
2. Voices in My Head
3. When the lights go out
4. Fortune and Fame
5. New song, but don't know the name.
6. Promises Promises

Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Ne2
Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Ne1
Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Ne3

ABC:
1. Very First Time
2. Poison Arrow
3. How to be a Millionaire
4. Tears are not Enough
5. Ride
6. Be Near Me
7. When Smokey Sings
8. Look of Love

Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Abc

Belinda Carlisle
1. ?
2. Vacation
3. Circle in the Sand
4. Leave a Light on
5. Mad About You
6. Our Lips are Sealed
7. Heaven on Earth

Human League
1. Mirror Man
2. Will I See You Again
3. Love Action
4. Sound of the Crowd
5. Seconds
6. The Lebanon
7. Human
8. (Keep Feeling) Fascination
9. Don't You Want Me

Encore:
10. Together in Electric Dreams

Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Hlstage
Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Hl1
Salt Lake City Regeneration Tour Review Hl2

My camera stinks, as you can tell, and many of the pictures I took would have been great, except for the fact that they are so blurry you can't tell who is in the picture. For better pictures, I'm going to recommend visiting the New Wave Outpost. My friend of years, drsevrin, who went with me and my wife to the show has a far better camera:

http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23146
TBone
TBone

Back to top Go down