REGENERATION TOUR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will the playlist be?

+2
The Boiled Being
gravelm
6 posters

Go down

What will the playlist be? Empty What will the playlist be?

Post  gravelm Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Does anybody know the songs that will be performed by all of the groups?

gravelm

Back to top Go down

What will the playlist be? Empty Re: What will the playlist be?

Post  The Boiled Being Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:53 am

Probable Human League Song List (40 Mins which is about 8 songs) - Based on what they usually do at this type of gig...

Definitely:

"Dont You Want Me" - 1981 (Dare) No 1 in both UK and US, 25th highest selling single ever
"Together In Electric Dreams" - 1984 (Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder) Not actually a Human League Song
"Human" - 1986 (Crash) No 1 in US

Probably:

"The Lebanon" - 1984 (Hysteria)
"(Keep Feeling) Fascination" - 1983 (Fascination)
"Mirror Man " - 1983 (Fascination)
"Being Boiled" - 1978 (Travelogue)

Possibly:
"Things That Dreams Are Made Of" - 1981 (Dare)
"Sound of the Crowd" - 1981 (Dare)
The Boiled Being
The Boiled Being

Back to top Go down

What will the playlist be? Empty ABC's playlist

Post  thompsontwin Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:49 am

I spoke with Martin Fry on June 22nd. Martin is hoping that his label, Borough Music - a division of Curb, can negotiate with an American distributor to release ABC's latest recording 'Traffic' in time for the beginning of the tour. Currently, the cd can be ordered from Amazon at a very hefty price of $44.95! Martin said that this price was '"too much" and that it wasn't good for anyone to offer it at this price. Martin is pushing for an American-release date to accommodate the new tracks that he's playing on the Regeneration Tour from Traffic.

With only a half-hour of stage time, ABC may be able to squeeze in 6 tracks, including 2 new songs: "Ride" and another selection off of Traffic. "Ride" was featured on their 2006 US Tour after it was picked-up by an auto manufacturer for a promotional video. As a fan and friend of the band, I have seen ABC remarkably 8 times in recent years.
"Poison Arrow", "Look of Love", "When Smokey Sings", "Be Near Me" and "How to be a Millionaire" are sure to please the crowds and Martin never bores with the delivery of these staple hits.

thompsontwin

Back to top Go down

Post  jpw2525 Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:57 pm

I ordered the cd through Best Buy on release date (6/24/08) and now that I saw your posting I went back to the Best buy site (much better price of $15.99) and its now listed "backordered" in red?

jpw2525

Back to top Go down

Post  rickbear Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:38 pm

I already have the TRAFFIC CD, It's Brilliant. I'd love to hear him do ' WAY BACK WHEN ' . The song is very appropiate for this tour since it talks about how things were back in the early 80's.

rickbear

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyR Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:55 pm

please tell me no new tunes are being played by any of these bands. with such short sets they need to just stick to the hits.

MartyR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum